Often described as nature’s gift to us, essential oils uses include natural remedies for minor ailments, the beautifying of our bodies, and helps to aid in promoting positive emotions. These oils are normally derived from plants using their flowers, stems, barks, roots and even sap. Various parts of the plant are then distilled to extract the precious essence that is seemingly life giving.
Essential Oils Uses and Benefits
The main reasons they are amazing is that they can be found anywhere as they are naturally grown, they can provide a multitude of benefits, AND the use of essential oils dates back to almost a thousand years and is already embedded in our history. Whatever the case may be, there is no doubt that they provide a natural method of healing that can’t always be found in synthetic compounds.
The use of frankincense dates back to more than 5000 years with one use directly being cited in the bible. At one time, the value of frankincense equaled that of gold! It was noted for abundant healing properties including rejuvenating skin, treating skin spots, bacterial and fungal infections, and wounds and scars. Frankincense was also used as a treatment for arthritis and joint pain. In addition to all of that, frankincense was used as a cosmetic as well as for repelling mosquitoes, wheat moths, and sand flies. Most notably, however, is the use of frankincense in spiritual practices. Frankincense promotes the body’s ability to quiet one’s mind; slow breathing rates, and enhances meditation.
The miracle of essential oils is that no matter what your physical condition may be, you can still receive positive benefits even though it may be something as small as reducing the amount of pain you experience. The effects of essential oils may seem small to non-existent at first, but with time, may snowball into reversing some of the effects of the ailments you have. What if you received a report that your blood pressure lowered on your next trip to the doctor or reduced your thyroid problems like I did?
Before starting any aromatherapy regimen, consult with your doctor or aromatherapy practitioner. Aromatherapy should also not be used as a substitute for any medical treatment.
52 Essential Oils Uses for Everyday Use
Frankincense Essential Oil
- At first sign of a cold or flu, rub a few drops on the soles of your feet, and repeat 3 or more times a day to support immune system
- Use 1-2 drops of Frankincense oil with Lavender oil on skin tags or growths
- Drop on minor cuts, scrapes, and bruises to reduce redness and discomfort
- Inhale or diffuse to deepen breathing and induce calmness
Joy Essential Oil
- Joy is a luxuriously exotic blend with uplifting overtones that creates magnetic energy and brings joy to the heart
- When worn as cologne or perfume, Joy exudes an alluring and irresistible fragrance that inspires romance and togetherness
- When diffused, it can be refreshing and uplifting
Lavender Essential Oil
- Rub a drop of Lavender oil on the back of your neck to relax into sleep
- Put a drop of Lavender oil on a bee sting or insect bite to stop itching & reduce swelling
- Put on cut to stop the bleeding & help heal. On burn to help heal quickly and reduce scarring
- Rub a drop of Lavender oil between your palms and inhale deeply for hay fever
Lemon Essential Oil
- Use a few drops of Lemon oil to disinfect and shine chrome on fixtures and appliances
- Rub a drop of Lemon oil on a corn, callous or bunion mornings and evenings for relief.
- Add 2-3 drops to water in a spray bottle as cleaner on counters, appliances, utensils, toys, etc.
- Rub a drop of Lemon oil on your hands after using a public bathroom
Melaleuca Essential Oil
- Helps heal and soothe sunburns & warts
- Heals skin issues naturally
- Relieves itchiness from rashes & skin tags
- Prevents lice and removes ticks
- Treats psoriasis and other skin conditions
- Relieves asthma or other breathing conditions
- Relieves earaches
PanAway Essential Oil
- Directly on an injured joint or sore muscles to reduce inflammation
- Temples, forehead or back of neck to relieve a headache
- Arthritic hands for burning sensations and/or tightness
- Rub to base of the spine to relieve achiness
- Helps heal blood blister
Peppermint Essential Oil
- Tongue or under nose to increase alertness
- Over stomach & around navel for indigestion
- Joint or muscle injury to reduce inflammation (around, but not directly on)
- Bottoms of your feet to reduce fever
- 1 drop topically on unbroken skin for itching
- For headache on temples, forehead, over the sinuses & back of neck
Thieves Essential Oil
- At first sign of a cold or flu, rub 3-4 drops on feet several times a day
- Add to water & gargle to help fight sore throat
- Put a drop on your thumb & rub quickly over back of throat to kill microbes & relieve burning
- Add 10 drops to 8oz water & spray mold
- Diffuse for 15 minutes in bedroom before going to sleep whenever you are sick
- Add to soap & water for a general cleaner
Purification Essential Oil
- Diffuse to neutralize odors in the house
- Put on a cotton ball & place in the air vents
- Put a drop of Purification oil on insect bites to cleanse and stop the itching.
- Rub a drop of Purification oil on your neck over the area of a sore throat
- Spray several drops of Purification mixed with water on your skin to repel insects.
- Use a few drops pet bedding to repel fleas
Stress Away Essential Oil
- Use as a perfume
- Add 8 drops to 1 cup of epsom salt for a natural detox bath
- Rub on wrists, earlobes & back of neck to ease tension
- Can help induce relaxation and reduce occasional nervous tension
Citrus Fresh Essential Oil
- Removes odors; good EO for DIY dish soap and general cleaners
- Citrus scents are very cheerful & have been known to help support good mood
- Boosts Creativity
- Add 1 drop to a glass of water for some extra taste and health benefits
Are you ready to get your essential oils today and invest in your mind, body and skin health?