I love easy healthy recipes that don’t require more than one pot! This delicious vegetarian enchilada casserole recipe is something that I turn to on days that I want to eat something yummy but don’t have the energy to cook. It basically throws itself together and you just have to make sure it doesn’t burn in the oven!
Vegetarian Enchilada Casserole
Benefits of Black Beans
- They are very high in fiber, folate, protein, and antioxidants, along with numerous other vitamins and minerals. Black beans make a complete protein when paired with brown rice, which makes this dish a very healthy recipe.
- Black beans help to move food through the stomach to the large intestine because of it’s high protein and fiber content. This means the digestive tract doesn’t have to work as hard. This steady route through the digestive track allows for an even breakdown of food which helps stabilize blood sugar.
- Black beans have a lot of soluble fiber, which is specifically the type of fiber that has been found very helpful in lowering blood cholesterol levels. Besides soluble firmer, they are also high in folate and magnesium.
- Black beans contain at least 8 different flavonoids with enormous antioxidant potential and tons of phytochemicals and studies have connected black bean consumption with reduced risk of certain cancers. Recent studies have suggested considerable effectiveness against colon adenoma, a non-cancerous tumor that can progress into colon cancer.
- They are really great for pregnant women because of the high folate content, which can prevent the improper development of the fetus’s brain and spinal cord. The high iron content of black beans is also particularly beneficial to pregnant women.
For more like this Vegetarian Enchilada Casserole Recipe, check out the Healthy Recipes page!
Sharing at Peas and Crayons What I Ate Wednesday!