I can’t get my 9 year old to eat my healthy snacks at all. I was so pleasantly surprised when I made this Easy Kid Friendly Chickpea Cookie Dough Dip and she couldn’t wait to dig in! She had no idea it was laden with protein-rich chickpeas. AND a bonus is that she is always asking to eat cookie dough and I never allow her to because of the eggs – there are NO eggs in this recipe!
Easy Kid Friendly Chickpea Cookie Dough Dip
Even if you are a chickpea skeptic, you have to try this recipe. When I made my delicious chickpea oatmeal cookies, my sister-in-law thought I was nuts. But having a grain-free and protein-rich snack made me so excited and I love being able to create and share other chickpea recipes!
This chickpea cookie dough dip is so yummy with graham crackers or animal crackers! It definitely gets the kids excited to eat it and makes mama happy knowing they are having a healthy snack.
- 1 cup chickpeas, skins removed, patted dry
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Combine chickpeas, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and agave in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until it's a fine puree.
- Remove cookie dough mixture from blender, and place in a large bowl.
- Add chocolate chips on top or mix together.