There are certain times you need a chocolate fix and this easy crock pot chocolate cake is one of my new favorite recipes, especially for a lazy Sunday afternoon! Find slow cooker recipes here for dinner every day of the week!
Easy Slow Cooker Chocolate Cake
You know there are some days you just need some cake? Put all of these ingredients in your slow cooker (which you can WIN here) and stir it up and bake. It’s way too easy not to try it. And your kids will thank you!
I used an all-natural chocolate cake mix so I can feel good about giving this to my kids. You can buy an all-natural instant pudding mix at Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods or on Amazon like this one. Of course it’s still loaded with sugar – I never said there wasn’t a little sweet yumminess in this dessert! 🙂
My kids LOVED putting the Cabot Whipped Cream on their crock pot chocolate cake. I like buying from Cabot because it’s a local company and their products are awesome. Cabot is cooperative owned and operated by our members, dairy farmers and their families throughout New England and Upstate New York.
So besides the chocolate cake mix and pudding mix, I also used coconut oil in the cake instead of vegetable oil (yuck). Do you know the health benefits of cooking with coconut oil? I use it for everything when cooking. It’s also great for skin. I love this brand – you can get it in bulk on Amazon or at Costco and it’s a great price.
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 2 Minced garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 Tbsp cilantro
- 3 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 Cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 Cup marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs. russet potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease pan with light baking spray.
- Cut potatoes widthwise into circles.
- In a large bowl toss the potatoes and olive oil.
- Add seasonings one by one and toss until potatoes are fully coated with seasoning.
- Transfer potatoes to bake dish.
- Add some marinara sauce and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy.
Swap mozzarella cheese for cottage cheese to further reduce caloric intake.