I’ve always loved fruit salad – it just seems to be a more fun way to eat fruit. We usually add orange juice to our fruit salad, but this Fresh Fruit Salad with Honey Yogurt Dip is definitely something different without a lot of extra preparation. This easy healthy recipe is definitely kid-friendly without a lot of added sugar!
Fresh Fruit Salad with Honey Yogurt Dip
When I was a kid my grandparents ate so much fruit. In the evenings, instead of having desserts and sweets, they would have fruit. It would be at the same time every evening and they called it – yup, you guessed it – Fruit Time!
They also had fruit at breakfast, that they would cut up together in a bowl. Usually bananas and strawberries, and then they would add some sort of whole milk or half and half. Thinking back, I realize how healthy my grandparents really were. They really kept up with what was healthy to eat and stayed away from junk food.
I also realize that since they filled up on fruit in the evenings after dinner, they were not hungry for junk food or sweets and they also went to bed without feeling hunger.
This fruit salad is super easy to serve in the evenings or for an after school healthy snack!
For the best presentation, do not add the strawberries to the salad until right before serving. Otherwise, the lighter-colored fruits will absorb their bright red color. To prevent browning, slice and add kiwi to the bowl right before serving, as well.
- Yogurt Dip
- ??1 cup plain, full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- ?1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ??Fruit Salad
- ??1 cup seedless green grapes, washed and halved?
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- ?1 large ripe mango, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple juice ?
- Zest of 1 organic lime
- ?2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ?2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp honey
- ?1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and cut into chunks
- ?2 large fresh kiwi, peeled, halved, and sliced??
- Prepare yogurt dip by combining all ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use. ??
- To assemble fruit salad, combine prepared grapes, pineapple, and mango in a large glass or other non-reactive bowl.
- Add pineapple juice, lime zest and juice, and mint to bowl and toss to combine. ??
- For additional sweetness, drizzle mixture with honey and gently stir to combine, if desired.
- ??Chill fruit mixture in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Place prepared strawberries in a separate container to chill at the same time.
- ??Once chilled, remove fruit salad and strawberries from refrigerator and add strawberries and freshly sliced kiwi to the bowl.
- Gently stir to combine and serve immediately with honey-yogurt dip.