If your car is parked for more than 1 minute, turn off the engine. You’ll save money and everyone will enjoy cleaner air.
- Today’s engines warm up in less than 30 seconds.
- Idling uses more gas every 10 seconds than restarting your car.
- An average car burns almost a gallon of gas for every hour of idling.
- Exhust is hazardous to human heath, especially children’s health. Studies have have linked air pollution to increased rates of cancer, heart and lung disease, asthma and allergies.
- Idling exhaust contains more pollutants than running exhaust.
- Vehicle exhaust is a major source of carbon dioxide, which contributes to climage change.
From Living Green, Minnestoa Pollution Control Agency