This is a guest post by Tina of Kidz Activities for Five Spot Green Living.
I was inspired to create this healthy berry punch recipe because I wanted to make a healthy drink alternative for an intimate Frozen Party. I personally try to abstain from fizzy drinks so I experimented to see if I can create a yummy alternative using natural ingredients. I had hoped that using blueberries and blackberries would give the drink a deep purple color to fit with the theme of the Frozen party. But rather, it came out as deep red in color. The color was still beautiful though. I simply made sure to have lots of bright blue (blue straws and blue napkins) around the drink. And in the end, it fit our intimate Frozen themed party perfectly.
Healthy Berry Punch Ingredients
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- Juice of half a lemon
- 3 T. honey
- 5-6 tarragon leaves
- 4 cups cold water
- Ice cubes and extra frozen blueberries and blackberries
* This recipe makes 4 adult (or 8 child) servings. Simply multiply the recipe if you have more guests.
Healthy Berry Punch Method
- In a saucepan, heat the frozen blueberries, blackberries, lemon juice, tarragon leaves, honey and water on low heat for approximately 5 minutes (or until berries are soft).
- Strain the mixture, mashing up the berries on the strainer to get most of the flavor and color into the liquid.
- Chill the berry punch until ready to serve. Serve with lots of ice and frozen blueberries and blackberries. Optional: Garnish with tarragon and lemon.
For more healthy recipes see the entire index here!