Chia seeds are so crazy healthy, but they still seem to be unknown to the general public. Did you know chia seeds deliver a massive amount of nutrients with little calories? Learn about some healthy recipes with chia seeds and also how to incorporate them into your diet for more healthy recipes!
Healthy Recipes with Chia Seeds
Top 10 Benefits of Chia Seeds
- Chia seeds are rich in polyunsaturated fats, especially omega-3 fatty acids which can help reduce inflammation, enhance cognitive performance and reduce high cholesterol.
- Chia seeds are an excellent source of fiber – one-third of the daily recommended intake of fiber per day is in just 2 tablespoons!
- Chia seeds are rich in antioxidants that help protect the body from free radicals, aging and cancer.
- Two tablespoons of chia seeds contain nutrients help you prevent hypertension and maintain a healthy weight.
- The combination of protein, fiber and the gelling action of chia seeds when mixed with liquids all contribute to making one feel full.
- Chia seeds contain no gluten or grains.
- The outer layer of chia seeds swells when mixed with liquids to form a gel. This can used in place of eggs to lower cholesterol and increase the nutrient content of foods and baked goods.
- Unlike flaxseeds, chia seeds do not need to be ground in order to obtain their nutrient benefits.
- A study published in the “British Journal of Nutrition” showed that chia seeds as a dietary fat source can lower triglycerides and cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or “good” cholesterol.
- Chia seeds can reduce insulin resistance and decrease abnormally high levels of insulin in the blood.
- 2 cups chopped, steamed broccoli
- 2 medium carrots
- ¾ cups Flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Start by cutting the florets off the steamed broccoli and cutting them into small pieces. Cut the stalks into small, thin slices. Peel and chop the carrots roughly.
- In a food processor combine the flour, eggs, dijon mustard and garlic. Mix until well combined.
- Add in the chopped broccoli and carrots and stir through
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Once hot, use a ladle to spoon the batter into the pan to form small patties.. Allow the fritters to cook for 3 minutes until lightly golden and then flip and cook for 2-3 more minutes on the other side. Once cooked transfer to a paper towel and keep warm in the oven while you cook the remainder of the fritters.
Chia Seeds Recipes
Here are some other great chia seeds recipes to try!
Vegan Triple Berry Chia Seed Pudding | Natural Chow
Read more about chia seeds here: