I love the combination of tomatoes and zucchini, especially in the summertime. It’s just so light and refreshing. But I never thought to combine it with rice! What a great idea. You can eat this Greek Rice Salad warm or cold. It is one of my go-to favorite ways to eat vegetables and grains. This dish is a perfect healthy recipe to bring to summer cookouts and potlucks!
Healthy Greek Rice Salad Recipe
I swear, this recipe is so super easy to throw together. You can cook the rice while preparing the other ingredients. It will take 30 minutes, tops. Great simple weeknight dinner or healthy lunch at work! My kids love it because they love olives. (Is it just my kids or do most kids like olives?)
You can make this Greek Rice Salad with or without the cheese. Personally I love the cheese but can go without the olives – I just give them to my kids!
- 4 C. cooked long grain rice
- ½ medium cucumber, chopped
- ¼ medium red onion, chopped
- 6 cocktail sized tomatoes, chopped
- ½ 6oz can of small black olives, halved
- 4oz container of Feta cheese
- ¼ C. olive oil
- 3 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Cook rice according to directions to get 4 cooked cups.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Toss to combine.
- Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold.