Have I mentioned before how much I love Mexican and Tex-Mex style food? Seriously I could eat it every day. During each of my pregnancies, bean quesadillas were my go-to meal option, sometimes eating them for lunch AND dinner, just because it was the only thing appetizing that I could actually willingly eat. I made these quesadillas last night after trying to figure out how to start off a week of healthy recipes. One piece of chicken breast with brown rice made four good-sized mango chicken quesadillas and it was a perfect sized meal for 2 adults, 2 little kids and one baby! This is such super-quick and easy meal that everyone likes and great for warm-weather cooking when you’d rather be outside playing then in the kitchen cooking.
Mango Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
1 chicken breast, boiled in homemade chicken broth
4 burrito-size tortillas
1-2 cups cheddar cheese
2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
1 cup mango salsa
1/2 cup corn
Other veggies or beans, if desired
Sour cream, optional
1 cup uncooked brown rice
- Boil chicken in broth for 15-20 minutes in one pot and boil rice in separate pot in broth as well.
- Shred chicken into small pieces and add to bowl with cilantro, corn, salsa and other fixings.
- Heat skillet to medium heat. Add tortilla to skillet and put a light layer of cheddar cheese then add 1/4 chicken mixture and top with another layer of cheese, then fold quesadilla and cook for 5-10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Quesadilla should be browned on both sides and cheese melted inside.
- Serve with brown rice and sour cream on the side.
Tomato and Chickpea Stew with Cilantro Yogurt Sauce
This is a wonderful mid-week meal when the spring sun is shining!
Tuna Tomato Bites
I am not sure if I would actually stuff the tomatoes with the filling, but I bet the kids would love it!
Make sure to download this meal planning printable to make weekly/monthly meal planning and shopping much easier!
For more like this, check out the Healthy Recipes page!