I promised this week would not be a Mexican-inspired meal and I held true to my word and I am sharing one of my newest healthy recipes! These crispy broccoli and carrot fritters are actually a very kid-friendly recipe as long as you merely blanch the veggies instead of cooking them like I did since I forgot them on the stove. Once the broccoli smell permeated the house, my three year old declared he wasn’t eating the smelly broccoli. And, he didn’t. I tried to convince them of how good they were with cheese and carrots and onions but nothing worked. Three year olds are very stubborn when they make up their minds!
He at least ate some of the nitrate-free turkey hot dogs I also made for the kids with ketchup. LOTS of homemade ketchup. What is it with kids and ketchup? They treat like it’s a side dish. So his dinner consisted of the turkey dog, ketchup and the yogurt dressing that I made to go with the smelly broccoli. Regardless of this three year old obsessed with trains and anything in train-formation, these crispy broccoli and carrot fritters are great for your healthy meal plans. Pair them with a salad, beans or fruit and you have a complete meal! See all the healthy recipes on this site here!
Crispy Broccoli and Carrot Fritters
- 2 cups chopped, steamed broccoli
- 2 medium carrots
- ¾ cups Flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Start by cutting the florets off the steamed broccoli and cutting them into small pieces. Cut the stalks into small, thin slices. Peel and chop the carrots roughly.
- In a food processor combine the flour, eggs, dijon mustard and garlic. Mix until well combined.
- Add in the chopped broccoli and carrots and stir through
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Once hot, use a ladle to spoon the batter into the pan to form small patties.. Allow the fritters to cook for 3 minutes until lightly golden and then flip and cook for 2-3 more minutes on the other side. Once cooked transfer to a paper towel and keep warm in the oven while you cook the remainder of the fritters.
Thin-Crust Pizza Night!
This makes the best thin-crust pizza with semolina and bread flour. Make sure you follow her tips on handling the dough, too!
* * *
* * *
Cuisinart CPC-600 6-Quart Electric Pressure Cooker
SAVE 46% NOW!
Click here to check product features
Linking up to Nomday Monday
and Peas and Crayons