I’ve been on a salad kick lately and love finding summer salads I can add to my healthy recipes index! This one in particular is so yummy and versatile and has a delicious southwestern flavor dressing.
Healthy Recipes: Santa Fe Pasta Salad
This salad is sentimental for me because my mom used to make it all the time before she succumbed to a glioblastoma brain tumor. I like to have some carbs in my salads so I added pasta, but you can totally make this without pasta if you wish! The original recipe I got this from years ago called for romaine lettuce, which is also filling and full of vitamins.
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp cilantro
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 medium scallion, minced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 can black beans, rinsed and drained, or dry beans, soaked and boiled
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup baby spinach, diced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, but can use diced fresh tomato
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 6oz spiral pasta
- To make the dressing, whisk mayonnaise, cilantro, water, scallion, lime juice, sugar and chili powder together in a small bowl until smooth. Transfer to a container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, layer the remaining ingredients in the order listed. Cover and refrigerate.
Storing this salad in layers without the dressing keeps it fresh for up to 4 days. To serve, mix salad in bowl and drizzle dressing on top and shake to mix. Yields 1 1/2 tbsp dressing per 2 cups salad.
Check out my other healthy salad recipes here!
Linking up to these fabulous blogs:
Friday Flash Blog
Create It Thursday
Saturday Sparks Link Party
Crafty and Delicious
Wined Down Wednesday
Mama Moments Monday Link Up
Monday Musings Link Up
Menu Plan Monday
Frugal Crafty Blog Hop
Inspire Me Monday