Homemade Face Moisturizer Recipes
Oily skin can be bothersome not only because it puts shine on your face, but also because it causes acne. Unfortunately a lot of people who have oily skin don’t realize that the skin products they use could be making the oil worse. For example, do you know what ingredients are in your facial moisturizer? Most people don’t, but it’s never too late to change what you use! Using homemade face moisturizer products are the best way to go to keep your skin and body healthy.
* * *
- Jojoba oil (moisturizing – Try my fave – Desert Essence)
- Neem oil (reduces skin inflammation – I like this one)
- Grapefruit oil (astringent – Try Plantlife)
Although it might sound weird to put oils on your already oily skin, these specific oils can actually combat your natural oil and reduce it dramatically.
Once you have these ingredients, grab a small moisturizer bottle and fill it 2/3 full with the jojoba oil. After this, add in the neem oil until your container is almost all the way filled up. From here, drop in a few sprinkles of the grapefruit oil so that it’s not too strong smelling and pleases your senses. After this, gently shake it together and use on your skin as you find necessary.
* * *
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice (reduces oil)
- 1 cup avocado oil (reduces skin inflammation and prevents wrinkles) – Try this one from Dr.Adorable!
- 1 egg white (for glowing poreless skin)
Start by mixing all ingredients together in a large bowl with a whisk. After this, you can put onto your skin and leave on for 15 minutes before rinsing off with some warm water. Pat your face dry and you will be finished! This will leave your skin feeling great and will help reduce a lot of the oil.
* * *
Lemon and Lavender Moisturizer
- 2 drops lavender oil (speeds healing – Try this one)
- 2 drops lemon oil (cleanses skin and reduces wrinkles – buy now!)
- 2 drops glycerine (for healthy skin – I like this Pure 100% USP Grade)
- 1/2 cup purified water
Put these ingredients into a bottle and shake it up. Apply to your face and then store in the fridge to use at a later time. This smells great and will leave your skin moisturized without it feeling oily.
Aloe Vera Moisturizer
- 3 tsp pure aloe vera gel (cooling)
- 1 tsp grape seed oil (vitamin E and anti-aging properties – Aura Cacia Natural Skin Care Oil)
All you need are these two ingredients measured out in a large bowl. Mix them together until the gel and the oil have combined and then store in a glass container to use whenever you need to moisturize your oily skin. This can be used on your face as well as all over your body. You can also substitute wheat or hazelnut oil if you don’t have grape seed on hand.
- 1 ounce pure aloe vera
- 2 teaspoons vegetable glycerin
- 2 drops jojoba oil
- 1/2 teaspoon melted beeswax
Stir all ingredients together for five minutes, or until it has cooled completely. Use this on your skin whenever it is feeling greasy and you won’t have to buy lotion ever again. Just make sure to store it in a small container so you can use it any time you would like.
Just because you have oily skin doesn’t mean it can’t look great. All of these ingredients are natural, easy to make and affordable. The best part is that you will know you aren’t putting any chemicals on your skin that will cause added oils. Using a homemade natural facial moisturizer can mean no more acne and less “grease” so you are more confident with your appearance.
If you liked these homemade face moisturizer recipes, make sure you check out these other natural skin care posts!
featured images license
Royalty Free or iStock source: Fotolia and Dreamstime