It’s not impossible to make healthy recipes on weekday mornings before school. These homemade waffles with orange creme are so easy to make up ahead of time! Just store in the refrigerator or freezer until the day you want to use them and add the creme when ready to serve.
Homemade Waffles with Orange Creme
I don’t think it really matters if you have one child or 10 kids – mornings are tough. You need to make sure each kid has their school stuff organized with backpacks, homework, outdoor gear and meals. On top of all of that, you need to ensure they eat a proper breakfast so they start the day on the right foot and get their bodies flowing with energy.
Easy breakfasts like these make-ahead homemade waffles are just what my kids love to have in the morning. They are sweet, but also healthy. The waffles call for almond flour, but you can substitute any flour of your choosing whether it’s whole wheat or gluten-free or other flour.
Can you imagine making a healthy breakfast for your family in less than five minutes? If you make up the orange creme the night before, you can cook these gorgeous homemade waffles in the Presto Belgian FlipSide Waffle Maker in four minutes total! I love this thing because it’s super fast, cooks up amazingly fluffy waffles and the machine is really easy to keep clean and store.
- 1 Cup almond flour
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Cup melted coconut oil
- ½ Cup coconut cream
- ½ Cup raw honey
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- ½ Tsp orange zest
- Beat the egg, half the honey, coconut oil, and one tablespoon of orange juice in a large bowl.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Mix until the batter thickens.
- Pour the batter into a preheated waffle maker, and cook until golden brown.
- For the cream, beat in another bowl the coconut cream, orange zest, orange juice, and remaining honey until stiff peaks are formed.
- Serve with a spread of cream between two waffles, and enjoy.
For a different flavor, add dark chocolate shavings and syrup to the waffle.
Don’t forget to pin the image below for later!
For more healthy recipes, go to the healthy recipes index!