Do your kids complain when they are told they have to eat their vegetables? Sometimes all mine want are cookies and lemonade. This kid-friendly green smoothie recipe is such a great way to get nutrients, minerals and vitamins into your children, with a recipe that tastes just like an icy, slushy lemonade.
Kid-Friendly Apple and Lemonade Green Smoothie Recipe
You can use anything you need to do to make your kids love this smoothie. Get your children involved and let them make the smoothies with you. Kids love watching food get liquefied in a blender, and the more involved your children are in this healthy process, the better the chance that these healthy habits will stick with them.
- 4 lemons, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced or sliced
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tablespoon organic, raw honey or organic agave nectar
- 1 cup ice
- 2 cups green tea
- Mix 1 cup of tea with your spinach and lemons. Blend well.
- Blend in your honey or agave nectar.
- Add your remaining 1 cup of tea and blend well.
- Blend in your apples, adding ice as needed for the right consistency.
Here are some more smoothie recipes: