This has always been my very favorite Moroccan food to eat. Beans. Just beans with tomatoes and spices and crusty bread. My mother-in-law spoils us by baking fresh bread so often we usually have freshly baked bread when eating Moroccan white beans.
Healthy Recipes: Moroccan White Beans
Moroccan White Beans are very simple, and very quick, and equally delicious. I use dried beans soaked in water all day but you can also use canned beans cooked on the stove top. This one of my favorite quick and simple healthy recipes!
White beans are so nutritious!
Beans are the most complete and nutritious food and make great healthy recipes. Beans have more protein than most other vegetables and they are full of energy-sustaining complex carbohydrates, folate and fiber. Here are just a few of the benefits of beans: lowered cholesterol levels, improved blood glucose control, lowered risk of many cancers, lowered blood pressure, and regulated colon functions.
- 1 Cup almond flour
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Cup melted coconut oil
- ½ Cup coconut cream
- ½ Cup raw honey
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- ½ Tsp orange zest
- Beat the egg, half the honey, coconut oil, and one tablespoon of orange juice in a large bowl.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Mix until the batter thickens.
- Pour the batter into a preheated waffle maker, and cook until golden brown.
- For the cream, beat in another bowl the coconut cream, orange zest, orange juice, and remaining honey until stiff peaks are formed.
- Serve with a spread of cream between two waffles, and enjoy.
For a different flavor, add dark chocolate shavings and syrup to the waffle.
* * *
For more like this, check out the Healthy Recipes page!
Linked up to peasandcrayons.com!