You need to try these insanely easy oatmeal chocolate chip muffins today! You can whip them up and bake them all under an hour and they are so good and healthy!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
Mmmm…I woke up with a craving for these oatmeal muffins this morning. I love them and they are so very easy to whip up in the morning for a fun but hearty and healthy breakfast. I always add walnuts to them but ran out today so I added flaxseeds instead. I recommend soaking the oatmeal in the milk for 10-15 before mixing the batter.
The kids gobble these up so fast…I love that I can use coconut oil and wheat flour and they are so tasty and filling!
- 1 1/4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine oats and milk and allow to stand for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease each cup of one 12-cup muffin tin.
- Stir egg, oil, 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the pecans into the oat and milk mixture.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add oat mixture to flour mixture, stirring until just moist. Fill each cup of one 12-cup muffin tin 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops with the remaining brown sugar and pecans.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes.