This week is perfect for appetizers! My parents always liked to have a day full of appetizers on Thanksgiving and this Onion Bacon Dip Appetizer Recipe is perfect for a pre-turkey meal. Here’s something different than the usual onion dip with potato chips – shake things up a bit this year! This and more fabulous appetizer recipes can be found over at the complete healthy recipes index!
Onion Bacon Dip Appetizer Recipe
Okay, what’s better than cheese, cream, onions and bacon? Add some crackers or veggies to go with it and you’ve got a winning appetizer that’s such a unique crowd-pleaser!
- 1 Cup quinoa seeds
- 3 Cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 Cup black olives
- 1 Cucumber, sliced
- 1 Red pepper sliced
- 2 Tbsp feta cheese
- 2 Cups water
- 2 Garlic cloves
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- In a pan over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic, and quinoa. Cook for 1 minute.
- In a pot, boil the water and add salt.
- Transfer the quinoa to the the pot and cook it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl, and side with tomatoes, black olives, cucumber, and red pepper.
- Top with feta cheese.
- Serve and enjoy.
Top with some tzatziki sauce using the cucumber, olive oil and some Greek yogurt.