This week is perfect for appetizers! My parents always liked to have a day full of appetizers on Thanksgiving and this Onion Bacon Dip Appetizer Recipe is perfect for a pre-turkey meal. Here’s something different than the usual onion dip with potato chips – shake things up a bit this year! This and more fabulous appetizer recipes can be found over at the complete healthy appetizers index!
Onion Bacon Dip Appetizer Recipe
Okay, what’s better than cheese, cream, onions and bacon? Add some crackers or veggies to go with it and you’ve got a winning appetizer that’s such a unique crowd-pleaser! You can lighten it up and make it healthier by using 1/3 fat neufatchel cheese and nitrate-free turkey bacon. I promise you won’t notice the difference!
- 2 Onions, sliced julienne style
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese blocks
- 1 Cup milk
- 3 Bacon strip, uncooked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tsp butter
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- In a saucepan over medium heat place the onion and butter.
- Stir the onions, and let them cook until they caramelized. Set aside.
- Chopped the bacon and take to the saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook the bacon for 5 minutes and set aside.
- In a bowl mix the cream cheese, milk, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the caramelized onion and the bacon.
- Transfer to a skillet and take to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
Add some hot sauce for a spicy kick