Hybrid lovers, and those who hate to see their wallets drained at the pump, will love the Prius. Stylish and affordable, the Prius is a hybrid that comes in a number of models, including Avalon, Camry and Highlander. And according to carsdirect.com, the Hybrid SUV gives a return of 20 to 40 percent better gas mileage that standard gas engine SUVs. Although many hybrids start at $30,000 and up, the Prius starts as low as $19,080, making the cost more affordable both upfront and in the long run.
Prius is made by Toyota, a trusted car maker that is known for making well built, safe cars. The 2013 Toyota Prius is listed in Best Cars for Families by US News, ranking number 8 out of 18 in affordable Midsize Cars and number 6 in Hybrid cars. Prius also received high ranking because of its family –friendly features such as ample cargo space and back-seat passenger room.
Other features include:
- A built-in GPS and back up camera that adds to safety and comfort.
- The moon roof is equipped with solar panels that power the ventilation system.
- The addition gas savings can save you hundreds each month.
- Most Prius Hybrids have estimates of 40 to 50 mpg.
- The Prius Plug-In has an estimated mpge of 95 and 50 mpg in hybrid mode.