Wellness Nutrition for Cats
When I found my first kitty, I was living on my own. In reality, he chose me, and wouldn’t let me leave the shelter. I couldn’t wait to bring him home and from the moment he got home he wanted to be by my side, even sleeping with his little head on the pillow next to me. Fast-forward 14 years and my best kitty is slowing down. He’s not as playful as he once was but still snuggles up to me at night.
Buster was really sick a few months ago, with some raging bladder infections that took about 12 weeks to heal. He seems to be doing better but its made me think more about what we feed our cats, ages 3, 10 and 17. I know that a diet heavy in grains really contributes to UTIs and bladder infections, so I was really excited to try Wellness cat food. As a pioneer in holistic nutrition, Wellness seeks new ways to help pets thrive, educate people about the importance of a healthy lifestyle, and support animal wellness programs.
Wellness Nutrition Dry Food
My indoor cats have always had a full bowl of food available to them so now I need to make sure they are getting the nutrition they deserve so we can stop the pattern of UTIs. Indoor cats tend to gain weight (lifestyle is more sedentary), experience dry skin (from continued exposure to indoor air and heat), and have increased hairballs (from constant grooming and hair loss from dry skin).
The mixture made by Wellness helps improve cats health with the following:
- Less Shedding- Omega Fatty Acids support healthy skin & coat.
- Weight Management- Created with special ingredients, like L-Carnitine, to support a less active, indoor lifestyle.
- WellFlex® System- Helps maintain healthy hips & joints with added Glucosamine & Chondroitin.
- Naturally Great Taste Guaranteed- With quality protein and no artificial flavors, we guarantee your cat will love the taste.
- Triple Cranberry Blend- Packed with phytonutrients from three sources of cranberries.
- Indoor Health Support- With specific amounts of nutrients for cats that lounge more, groom often and live indoors.
- Supports Skin & Coat Health- With Omega Fatty Acids from ground flaxseed and added Vitamin E.
Wellness Divine Duos Wet Food
My cats also get to have wet food once a day and we actually have a system because the youngest cat is so sly he eats so fast and then tries to eat the other cats food. We have to put Buster, the old kitty, in the bathroom so he can eat at his leisure, otherwise he’ll get pushed aside by the young tiger cat! It’s also always a big ruckus because all 3 kids want to help feed the cats, as you can see from the photo below.
Since cats do not have a strong thirst drive, it is important for a cat to ingest water with its food. Packed with the same whole food nutrition as our dry formulas, our canned foods are a delicious way to increase your cat’s moisture intake. As a special treat or as part of your regular feeding, our canned foods are yet another delicious way for your cat to eat healthy.
My cats got to try the Divine Duos™ With Tuna Pâté & Diced Salmon, a perfect choice for my fish-loving kitties. This wet food has two layers of different textures in one cup with an easy-peel lid. I don’t think I’ve ever seen my cats eat so fast.