I love baking and cooking for the holidays! I also love to entertain, so I have a list of 15 Healthy Appetizers for Christmas to help everyone get started.
15 Healthy Appetizers for Christmas
Putting out a tray of healthy appetizers for Christmas is satisfying without feeling like we overate. See which ones are your favorites!
1. The hardest part is roasting the red peppers until charred under the broiler. The rest is easy to do in the food processor. A great combination of chickpeas, garlic, red peppers, cloves, cumin and paprika with some oil and water. This Skinny Roasted Red Pepper Hummus turn into a smooth creamy spread that is delicious with pita chips and fresh cut veggies.Kims Cravings
2. This Sweet and Spicy Asian Nuts recipe is a great combination of cashews, peanuts and almonds roasted in a wonderful mixture of flavors. You will need two pans to get started to roast the cashews and almonds separately then they may be mixed together for a final roasting with the peanuts. The nuts roast at different intervals so it is important to roast them alone.The light soy sauce, crushed red peppers, lime cannoli oil make a great spice and it only has a tsp. of granulated sugar to take out the bite. My Recipes
3. These are made in muffin cups and can be popped into the oven just before your guests arrive. There is nothing better than serving a warm delicious appetizer that is so easy. The spinach artichoke cups are lined with a wonton wrapper then filled with a mixture of spinach, artichoke, lemon zest, garlic, a splash of hot sauce and some other seasonings. A little mayonnaise and sour cream to help it all stick together and bake in the oven for 12 minutes. Macheesmo
4. This simple recipe is easy to make and the Spinach Balls can be frozen. If you are in a hurry you can use frozen spinach as long as you drain it well.It is a mixture of cheese, spinach, eggs, cilantro and garlic salt. Use gluten free panko bread crumbs to roll them in and then bake. No frying involved so it keeps them pretty healthy. Serve these spinach balls with your favorite dipping sauce. Sweet as Honey
5. This delicious healthy Raspberry Baked Brie Appetizer is both savory and sweet and so easy to whip up using a muffin tin and only three ingredients! These healthy appetizers will be known as the most simple and overlooked appetizer because they are so quick and easy. Five Spot Green Living
6. These Baked pears with gorgonzola and honey have a distinct taste with the cheese and honey and I have found I can do the same thing with apple slices. They look elegant and taste delicious.This is a simple task of cutting pears in half, preferably not too ripe. Then scoop the seeds out and drizzle with honey and bake until the pears are a little soft. After taking them out of the oven scoop some cheese on top, place some walnut pieces and drizzle with more honey. I like my cheese melted so I place the back in the oven for a few minutes. Happy Kitchen
7. I love a great bruschetta and this recipe Tomato Basil Brucschetta and Garlic does not ever disappoint me. I pick up a fresh baguette on the way home.Then sauté the garlic before adding it to the fresh ingredients of tomatoes, onion and basil. A little lemon juice is added with salt and pepper to taste. The baguette is best when brushed with little bit of flavored oil and toasted lightly. When spooning the bruschetta on top with a little parmesan cheese. The flavors really compliment each other well. Life She Lives
8. Over the last year my love for Roasted Brussel Sprouts has doubled and the fact that it is served as an appetizer with Garlic Bacon Aioli in this recipe makes it even better. I served mine with holiday toothpicks nearby to spear one of these delights. The brussel sprouts are oven roasted with a little oil and salt and pepper to taste. While those were baking I made the Aioli. I also cook some bacon for the crumbled topping on the aioli. This involves mayo, garlic, bacon, lemon juice, horseradish mustard (optional) and fresh thyme. Allow it to cool until ready to serve and garnish with crumbled bacon. The Real Foods rds
9. These Cranberry and Feta Pinwheels can be made in spinach wraps to look very festive and if you are having a crowd, look at the site to see how to line it up like a Christmas Tree. I love feta cheese and mixing it with dried cranberries, onion and cream cheese makes a nice creamy spread. Fill a spinach wrap to the edges and roll. Slice when you are ready to serve. The Girl Who Ate Everything
10. This veggie loaded 7 layer dip is every bit as good as the original 7 layer dip but without all the additional calories. It has a bean layer that is easy to make in the food processor, then an avocado layer and finishes with whatever fresh veggies you would like to chop for on top. I used tomato, cucumber , lettuce and onion. It has a layer of sour cream which you can use the light. I didn’t miss the cheese or the taco flavoring because the fresh veggies add so much flavor. Dip with your favorite pita chips and enjoy. Little Broken
11. It only takes about 25 minutes to make sweet potato rounds instead of a crostini. These are delicious topped with a whipped goat cheese and then topped with dried cranberry, pecans and drizzle with honey. This is a sweet and savory appetizer that pulls together that holiday sweet potato with a touch of sweetness. Recipe Runner
12. This Sugar Free Stovetop Candied Pecans recipe uses granulated monk fruit sweetener instead of sugar, which I had never tried but as a healthy alternative, it worked. So on top the stove,heat the monk fruit sweetener, vanilla extract, salt water and cinnamon. Then add the raw pecans and sautee and remove from heat and allow to sit for 2 minutes. These turned out to be so good I made double batches and put them in small mason jars as gifts. The Big Man’s World
13. This is one of my favorites and it is easy to make. You might want to make a double batch because it goes fast.This recipe has quite a few of my favorite things for the holidays in it, starting with fresh cranberries. It has a jalapeno, green onion, cilantro and cream cheese. This is probably the only recipe on here that has a few more calories. I serve the cranberry jalapeno dip with with my favorite cracker. Sparrows and Lily
14. I like these goat cheese stuffed tomatoes because they taste great and are very festive looking on your holiday table. I can usually buy good grape tomatoes no matter what time of year it is. Then it is easy to run a small paring knife inside the tomato to loosen up the inside and then scoop it out. Then I toast the panko crumbs. In a small bowl combine the goat cheese, honey, green onion and parsley. I then put the cheese mixture into a piping bag to fill the tomatoes. The last step is to sprinkle the toasted panko on top. These are delicious and easy.
15. This parmesan cauliflower bites with garlic ranch dip is so easy to make and is so tasty. It uses a whole head of cauliflower, parmesan cheese, panko bread crumbs, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.The cauliflower pieces are dipped into an egg mixture and then into the seasoned panko. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.Then this recipe has a Garlic Ranch Dip with it for dipping. Even my children ate these bites. Whole Bite Blog