Ok, how hard is a healthy banana bread recipe, really? First of all, it’s really not normally known to be on the list of healthy recipes, but more of a high-sugar snack. And then you have to make sure it’s not too dry and it’s cooked enough in the middle. Finally, there’s the issues of mashing the bananas – you have to make sure they are really mashed without lumps to bake a successful banana bread.
Or is that just me? I have an issue with lumps.
It was pretty severe each time I was pregnant. I lived on smoothies for months! Check out some recipes here.
It’s not just smoothies but sauces and soups…not sure if you noticed but most of my soups are puréed or at least the ingredients are identifiable so I can eat it. This is why I loathe buying ready-made meals at grocery stores because you can’t always be sure what’s really in them.
See the other homemade bread recipes on this site!
The Best All-Natural Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
But I digressed. Here we are at this totally awesome ALL-NATURAL healthy banana bread recipe with NO REFINED SUGAR!! Yummy. One of my fave healthy recipes that my kids think is a dessert! Score.
Just a few reasons why bananas rock as a superfood:
- Energy Boost: Bananas contain three natural sugars – sucrose, fructose and glucose combined with fiber. A banana gives an instant, sustained and substantial boost of energy. Research has proven that just two bananas provide enough energy for a strenuous 90-minute workout. No wonder the banana is the number one fruit with the world’s leading athletes. But energy isn’t the only way a banana can help us keep fit. It can also help overcome or prevent a substantial number of illnesses and conditions, making it a must to add to our daily diet.
- Nerves: Bananas are high in B vitamins that help calm the nervous system.
- PMS: Forget the pills – eat a banana. The vitamin B6 it contains regulates blood glucose levels, which can affect your mood.
- Anemia: High in iron, bananas can stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood and so helps in cases of anemia.
- Depression: According to a recent survey undertaken by MIND amongst people suffering from depression, many felt much better after eating a banana. This is because bananas contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin, known to make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel happier.
- Blood Pressure: This unique tropical fruit is extremely high in potassium yet low in salt, making it perfect to beat blood pressure. So much so, the US Food and Drug Administration has just allowed the banana industry to make official claims for the fruit’s ability to reduce the risk of blood pressure and stroke.
- Hangovers: One of the quickest ways of curing a hangover is to make a banana milkshake, sweetened with honey. The banana calms the stomach and, with the help of the honey, builds up depleted blood sugar levels, while the milk soothes and re-hydrates your system.
- Morning Sickness: Snacking on bananas between meals helps to keep blood sugar levels up and avoid morning sickness.
For the complete listing of fascinating facts about bananas, click here!
Ok here we go…beware of the addiction that is this bread.
Sharing at Living Well Spending Less and Natural Living Monday!