Banana bread is not normally known to be on the list of healthy recipes, but more of a high-sugar snack. But if you try this natural banana bread recipe you may be tempted to add it to your list of breakfast and snack recipes with its natural ingredients and lower sugar content. See the other amazing bread recipes on this site!
The Best Natural Banana Bread Recipe
Here we are at this totally awesome natural banana bread recipe with NO REFINED SUGAR!! Yummy. One of my fave healthy recipes that my kids think is a dessert! Score.
Just a few reasons why bananas rock as a superfood:
- Energy Boost: Bananas contain three natural sugars – sucrose, fructose and glucose combined with fiber. A banana gives an instant, sustained and substantial boost of energy. Research has proven that just two bananas provide enough energy for a strenuous 90-minute workout. No wonder the banana is the number one fruit with the world’s leading athletes. But energy isn’t the only way a banana can help us keep fit. It can also help overcome or prevent a substantial number of illnesses and conditions, making it a must to add to our daily diet.
- Nerves: Bananas are high in B vitamins that help calm the nervous system.
- PMS: Forget the pills – eat a banana. The vitamin B6 it contains regulates blood glucose levels, which can affect your mood.
- Anemia: High in iron, bananas can stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood and so helps in cases of anemia.
- Depression: According to a recent survey undertaken by MIND amongst people suffering from depression, many felt much better after eating a banana. This is because bananas contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin, known to make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel happier.
- Blood Pressure: This unique tropical fruit is extremely high in potassium yet low in salt, making it perfect to beat blood pressure. So much so, the US Food and Drug Administration has just allowed the banana industry to make official claims for the fruit’s ability to reduce the risk of blood pressure and stroke.
- Hangovers: One of the quickest ways of curing a hangover is to make a banana milkshake, sweetened with honey. The banana calms the stomach and, with the help of the honey, builds up depleted blood sugar levels, while the milk soothes and re-hydrates your system.
- Morning Sickness: Snacking on bananas between meals helps to keep blood sugar levels up and avoid morning sickness.
- Read more about the Benefits of Bananas here.
Ok here we go…beware of the addiction that is this bread.
Homemade Natural Banana Bread Recipe
I like to make this recipe in a bundt pan because well who likes the end pieces? If you do like the ends, you can make 2 loaves!
3 cups of white wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
6 ripe bananas
1 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs slightly beaten
1/2 cup coconut oil
1. Mix bananas with electric mixer or blender to purée them.
2. In one mixing bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a second mixing bowl mash the bananas and add the sugar, melted butter and egg.
4. Mix the flour mixture in with the wet ingredients and voila excellent banana bread or banana muffins.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min for muffins and 45-50 min for bread.
- 3 cups of white wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- 6 ripe bananas
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Mix bananas with electric mixer or blender to purée them.
In one mixing bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a second mixing bowl mash the bananas and add the sugar, melted butter and egg.
- Mix the flour mixture in with the wet ingredients and voila excellent banana bread or banana muffins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min for muffins and 45-50 min for bread.
This bread freezes really well! Make sure to wrap it really well and use double wrapping to keep out air.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.