If you’re looking for a healthy, hearty meal to warm you up on a cold winter night, look no further than this Instant Pot Beef Tagine with Potatoes. This delicious dish combines beef and potatoes for a filling experience that’s sure to satisfy your cravings. Carrots add a touch of sweetness, making it the perfect comfort food for cozy evenings spent by the fire. Try this healthy recipe tonight and enjoy!
What Do You Serve with Beef Tagine and Potatoes?
A classic beef tagine and potatoes dinner will be sure to satisfy even the heartiest appetite! Serve this delicious dish with a refreshing side salad, some toasted pita bread, and a separate dish of yogurt mixed with garlic and cucumbers. For something more exotic, you could try serving it alongside couscous topped with almonds and raisins or apricot chutney.
If you’re looking for a bit of spice, why not opt for a vibrant carrot salad dressed in cumin and chili? Lastly, a glass of fruity red wine will bring the flavors in this meal together perfectly. It’s time to get cooking!
How is Tagine Traditionally Eaten?
Eating a tagine is an enjoyable experience! Traditionally, the dish is served in the same clay dish it’s cooked in. The pot is placed in the middle of the table so that everyone can share what’s inside. To properly enjoy a tagine, you must use your hands instead of silverware.
The meat and vegetables have to be pulled off the bone and scooped up with some delicious flatbread such as pita or naan. This kind of communal eating style brings people together to savor a meal and make memories!
More Recipes Made with Potatoes
- Twice Baked Stuffed Potatoes
- Ultimate Healthy Potato and Vegetable Casserole
- Mini Baked Potato Bites Appetizer
- Italian Roasted Potato Bites Recipe
Beef Tagine with Potatoes
This beef tagine is a hearty, healthy, and delicious meal. Potatoes make it filling, while carrots add a touch of sweetness. It's easy to make and perfect for a cold winter night.
- 1 Pound Stew Meat
- 1 Medium Sized Onion (grated)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 4 Large White Potatoes
- 1 Cup Baby Carrots
- 3-4 Cups of Water or Broth
- Instant Pot Method: Add the meat with the olive oil. Add the grated onion after draining the juice, the crushed garlic cloves, and all the spices. Mix all the ingredients using a wooden spoon. Cover your pot and cook on sauté option which is about 5 minutes. Turn around the meat pieces so all sides are browned.
- After browning the meat, add 2 cups of water or broth and put cover on Instant Pot. Set to High Pressure for Stew (25 Minutes). When it finishes, let it release pressure naturally.
- When meat is done, remove cover and add potatoes and carrots as well as more water/broth to cover mixture. Set Instant Pot to cook for 5 minutes on High Pressure. Let it release pressure naturally.
- Serve with crusty bread.
If desired, you can cook this in a soup pot and cook the stew meat for an hour or so depending on how tender you would like it and add in the vegetables 30 minutes before serving.
Leave a Reply