If you have sensitive skin, calamine soap bars are the perfect choice for you. Made with calamine lotion to soothe any irritation and shea butter to provide a layer of protection, these this Calamine Soap Recipe is ideal for anyone with delicate skin. Chamomile essential oil is known for its anti-inflammatory properties, while lemongrass essential oil has a refreshing scent. Peppermint essential oil gives a slight tingling sensation that can help to awaken your senses in the morning.
If you’re interested in Easy Melt and Pour Soap Recipes, you’ve come to the right place. These soap recipes are perfect for beginners, as they only require a few ingredients and can be made in just a few minutes. Plus, melt and pour soap is a great way to create customized soaps with your favorite fragrances and colors. So if you’re looking for an easy and fun project to try, consider making your own melt and pour soap at home.
Eczema is a chronic skin condition that can be extremely uncomfortable. If you’re looking for relief, you may be wondering what home remedies can help. Below, we’ll walk you through the ingredients in this calamine soap recipe.
Do You Need Help Living Your Best Life?
Daily, weekly and monthly planners that will help you keep on track! Inspiration for a healthy mind, body and soul with quotes, healthy meals and more!
What Causes Eczema?
Before we get into home remedies, it’s important to understand what causes eczema in the first place. According to the National Eczema Association, eczema is caused by a combination of genetics and environmental triggers. Once the skin barrier is compromised, it becomes dry and cracked, allowing irritants and allergens to enter. This can cause inflammation and further skin damage. So, how can you soothe eczema naturally? Keep reading to find out!
Natural Ingredients to Soothe EczemaIf you’re looking for a naturally soothing soap recipe, these are some of the best ingredients to use:
- Calamine lotion – Calamine lotion has been traditionally used to soothe itchiness and irritation. It’s also gentle enough for sensitive skin.
- Shea butter – Shea butter is an excellent natural moisturizer that can help repair the skin barrier.
- Chamomile essential oil: Chamomile essential oil has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce eczema flare-ups.
- Lemongrass essential oil – Lemongrass essential oil has antiseptic and antimicrobial properties that can help keep the skin clean and free of infection.
- Tea tree essential oil – Tea tree essential oil is another good option for people with eczema because it’s antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory.
- Peppermint essential oil – Peppermint essential oil has a cooling effect that can help relieve itching and irritation.
Calamine Soap Essentials
SFIC 1lb Shea Butter (All Natural) Glycerin Melt and Pour Soap BaseAroma Depot Raw African Shea Butter 8 oz. Yellow Grade A 100% Pure Natural Unrefined Fresh Moisturizing, Ideal for Dry and Cracked Skin. Can be use in Body, Hair and Face.3 Pcs Cake Muffin Mooncake Silicone Molds, FineGood Flower-Shaped Pans for Making Jelly Pudding Cookies Chocolate, DIY Handmade Soap Trays, 6-Cavity – Purple, Blue, PinkCalamine Lotion by Caladryl, Skin Protectant plus Itch Relief, 6 Fl Oz
What is Calamine Soap Good For?
Calamine soap recipe is often used to treat skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and poison ivy. The calamine in the soap helps to soothe itchiness and irritation, and the zinc oxide acts as a mild antiseptic. Calamine soap can also be used to treat sunburns, as the calamine helps to relieve pain and inflammation.
In addition, calamine soap can be used as a preventative measure against mosquito bites. The calamine works to repel mosquitoes, and the zinc oxide helps to prevent infection if you are bitten. So whether you’re dealing with a stubborn skin condition or just trying to avoid mosquito bites, calamine soap may be worth a try.
Does this Calamine Soap Recipe Help Eczema?
Calamine is often recommended as a treatment for eczema. But does it really work? Calamine is a topical medication that contains zinc oxide, which has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. Calamine also helps to dry out blisters and weeping wounds. When applied to the skin, calamine can help to relieve itchiness, redness, and soreness.
Calamine is available in lotion, cream, and ointment form, and can be bought over-the-counter at most pharmacies. While calamine can be helpful for treating mild eczema flare-ups, it is not a cure for the condition. If you have eczema, you should see a dermatologist for treatment.
More Easy Melt and Pour Soaps Like This!
- Easy Goats Milk Soap for Eczema Recipe
- Oatmeal Shea Butter Soap Recipe
- Easy Honey Oatmeal Soap Recipe
- Exfoliating Green Tea Soap Recipe
Amazing Eczema Treatments that Soothe and Relieve
- Homemade Eczema Cream Recipe for Dry Winter Skin
- Homemade Eczema Relief Salve
- Homemade Healing Eczema Balm
- DIY Liquid Hand Soap Recipe for Eczema
- 1 Pound Shea Butter Melt and Pour Soap Base
- 2 Tablespoon Calamine Lotion
- 1 Teaspoon Shea Butter
- 6 Drops Chamomile Essential Oil
- 2 Drops Lemongrass Essential Oil
- 2 Drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 2 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- Flower Soap Mold
- 4 Cup Microwave Safe Measuring Cup with Spout
- Wooden Craft Stick for Stirring
- Cut the soap base into 1 inch cubes, and add them to the measuring cup.
- Add the shea butter to the measuring cup.
- Heat the soap base and shea butter in the microwave for 30 seconds, remove and stir. Heat for additional 10 second intervals, stirring well between each heating session, until fully melted.
- Add the calamine lotion, and stir very well to combine the color.
- Once the soap base cools down a little bit, add the essential oil, and stir well.
- Pour the soap base into the mold cavities, and allow to set undisturbed for 2 hours.
- Remove the soap bars from the mold. The calamine lotion will sink to the bottom, giving that lovely pink color on top!