Bath bombs are a great way to relax and unwind after a long day – and making your own homemade bath bombs can be even more therapeutic! With this easy DIY Bath Bomb Recipe for Stress Relief, you’ll have everything you need for the perfect, calming self-care soak. All you need is baking soda, epsom salts, corn starch, citric acid, sweet almond oil, rose essential oil and mini rose petals. So grab your ingredients and let’s get started! With this recipe, you’ll be well on your way to a blissfully relaxing bath bomb experience. Enjoy!
Pamper yourself with a luxurious and soothing experience by making your own homemade bath bombs! There are many Bath Bomb Ideas that make this an easy and inexpensive DIY craft that you can customize in all sorts of ways. With endless combinations of colors, scents, and decorations, you can create unique and personalized bath bombs that fit your style. Enjoy the therapeutic benefits of aromatherapy, bask in the colors of glittery swirls, or add petals for visual appeal. No matter what your preferences are, this simple project is sure to make for a relaxing and enjoyable bath time.
How Do Bath Bombs Relieve Stress?
Taking a hot bath is an indulgent way to relax and de-stress. But when you add a bath bomb into the mix, it can make your bathing experience even more luxurious! Bath bombs contain ingredients like Epsom salts that can draw out impurities from your muscles, relieving tension and stress. Other natural ingredients such as essential oils will give off aromas which are known to reduce anxiety levels, helping you to feel calmer and more relaxed.
More DIY Bath Bomb Recipes
- 4 DIY Bath Bomb Recipe Ideas
- How to Make Bath Bombs the Easy Way
- Homemade Bath Bombs without Citric Acid
- How to Make Bath Bombs
Which Essential Oils are the Most Relaxing?
Essential oils are a popular way to relax and de-stress. But which ones are the most effective? Certain essential oils such as lavender, chamomile, ylang-ylang, neroli, and bergamot have been shown to especially help relax both the mind and the body.
- Lavender is probably the most well-known essential oil due to its calming properties – it’s often used in aromatherapy to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Chamomile has similarly soothing effects; it can be added to a warm bath or diffused with an essential oil diffuser.
- Ylang-ylang has also been used for centuries in healing practices, known to bring some much-needed peace of mind.
- Neroli often induces feelings of relaxation and even euphoria when inhaled through a diffuser or vaporizer; this is an ideal oil for when needing an extra boost of calmness during stressful situations.
- Bergamot is said to be one of the best natural remedies for those feeling anxious or restless – it’s sweet yet refreshing scent helps you find balance.
What are the Health Benefits of Epsom Salts?
Epsom salts have long been praised for their numerous health benefits, and with good reason. Often used in bath salts or in hot baths to help relax the body and ease muscle pain, Epsom salts have a number of therapeutic applications – aiding with better sleep and injury recovery, to name a few. The active ingredient in Epsom salts is magnesium sulfate, a mineral compound which helps your body regulate its production of serotonin, the neurotransmitter responsible for relaxation.
How Do I Make These DIY Bath Bomb Recipe for Stress Relief?
- Gather your ingredients
- Add the rose petals to the bottom of the mold
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl.
- Stir with a whisk for 2-3 minutes, until completely combined.
- Slowly add the oils, drip by drip, while stirring with the whisk. Be careful not to pour too quickly and don’t stop stirring, as the liquid can activate the fizz.
- Do the same with the water.
- Spoon bath bomb mixture into the mold cavities.
- Then press down with your fingers to pack them.
Allow bath bombs to set for about 4-6 hours, then unmold.
Additionally, Epsom salt baths are known to flush out toxins from the body and offer symptom relief for colds, allergies, and even headaches. So don’t be afraid to embrace those witchy vibes and reap the healing benefits of taking an Epsom salt bath! Your body will thank you!
Here are Some More Bath Bomb Ideas to Try!
- 4 Ounces Baking Soda
- 2 Ounces Epsom Salts
- 2 Ounces Corn Starch
- 2 Ounces Citric Acid
- 1 Tablespoon Sweet Almond Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Water
- 25 Drops Rose Essential Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Mini Rose Petals
- Heart Mold
- Add the baking soda, epsom salts, corn starch, and citric acid to a medium bowl and stir with a whisk for 2-3 minutes, until completely combined.
- Slowly add the sweet almond oil, drip by drip, while stirring with the whisk. Be careful not to pour too quickly and don’t stop stirring, as the liquid can activate the fizz.
- Repeat the step above with the water.
- Add the essential oils, while stirring.
- Peel petals off the rode buds, and add a few to 9 of the heart mold cavities.
- Spoon bath bomb mixture into the mold cavities, then press down with your fingers to pack them.
- Allow bath bombs to set for about 4-6 hours, then unmold.
I love Rocky Mountain Oils because of their quality 100% pure essential oils that require no minimum purchase and always gives FREE shipping! Plus they always have specials going on!
Rocky Mountain Oils’ essential oils are verified by a third-party, independent lab. GC/MS tests verify purity and quality of the oils sold so you can look at the bottom of the bottle to find your individual batch code and then input that number into our website to pull up the GC/MS test results.
Rocky Mountain Products can be returned for any reason, even if opened, for up to 90 days. RMO also pays for our customers’ return shipping expenses to make our ordering process completely risk-free.
RMO includes three different icons for recommended use on each bottle for easy reference: Diffuse, Topical Application and Household. So you can look at the bottle and know in what way it’s intended for use.