Pressure Cooker Healthy Recipes: Chicken Curry
Healthy recipes made in the pressure cooker with chicken means it's much more tender and juicy than baking it or even cooking it in a slow cooker, not to mention the time you save using a pressure cooker. Here are some favorite pressure cooker healthy recipes you'll enjoy making and your family will surely enjoy eating.
Weeknights Made Easy with Pressure Cooker Recipes
Fast and easy to make, this recipe will surely make your mouth water.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into pieces
- 4 large onions cut into wedges
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. peanut oil
- 1 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook rice using pot in pot method and set aside in a warm place.
- In the pressure cooker, heat oil and sautÈ chicken and onions over medium-high heat until chicken is lightly browned. Add water, garlic, oil, and soy sauce, then add chili powder, curry, turmeric and ground ginger and stir till well blended.
- Lock the lid in place and bring to pressure. Lower heat and cook for 4 minutes at 15psi. Allow pressure to drop by the natural release method for 4 minutes, then release the remaining pressure using the quick release method or automatic release method and remove lid. Stir in parsley and serve over warm rice.
Chicken and Spanish Rice
This will quickly become a family favorite once you give it a try.
- 3 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 chorizo sausage thinly sliced (optional, but it really adds a nice flavor!)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 large ripe tomato peeled
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- Salt and pepper the chicken and heat olive oil in pressure cooker. Add onion, garlic, red bell pepper and tomato and cook until the onion is soft. Add rice and cook for 1 minute. Add peas, stock, salt chicken and chorizo with any accumulated juices. Stir well.
- Lock the lid, bring to pressure, then lower heat and cook for 7 minutes at 15psi. Allow pressure to drop by quick release or auto release, then remove lid. Serve and enjoy!
Makes 4 to 6, family size servings.
Casseroles are great for company and the kids love them too!
- 3 medium potatoes
- 3 to 3-1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt to taste
- 2 slices of bacon, cut into 1î pieces
- 1/4 lb. fresh mushrooms
- 12 very small pearl onions, peeled
- 1 tsp. flour
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Peel the potatoes and create small balls using a melon scoop.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt.
- Place bacon in pressure cooker and sauté until it has rendered its fat. Remove the bacon and set aside, leaving the fat in the pressure cooker.
- Add the potatoes to the fat and quickly sauté until lightly brown. Remove the potatoes and set aside.
- Add chicken pieces and brown on all sides, then remove. Add onions and mushrooms and sauté for one minute.
- Sprinkle in the flour, then add the stock and return the chicken, bacon and potatoes to the pressure cooker.
- Lock the lid in place, bring to pressure. Then lower heat and cook for 8 minutes.
- Allow pressure to drop by quick release or auto release and remove the lid.
A family of 4 will enjoy this yummy casserole as will your guests!
Want to learn more pressure cooker recipes and tips on using your pressure cooker?
Chicken Curry Photo Credit: https://flic.kr/p/gaSpkC