I can’t get my 9 year old to eat my healthy snacks at all. I was so pleasantly surprised when I made this Easy Kid Friendly Chickpea Cookie Dough Dip and she couldn’t wait to dig in! She had no idea it was laden with protein-rich chickpeas. AND a bonus is that she is always asking to eat cookie dough and I never allow her to because of the eggs – there are NO eggs in this recipe!
We all know how tempting it is to reach for that bag of chips or candy bar when we’re feeling peckish. But here’s the thing: those quick-fix snacks might give us a temporary energy boost, but they’re not great for our bodies in the long run. That’s where Healthy Snacks come in! Think sliced veggies with hummus, a piece of fruit with almond butter, or a handful of trail mix. These snacks are not only delicious, but they’ll also give you sustained energy throughout the day. So why not try swapping out those not-so-healthy snacks for something more nutritious? Your body (and your taste buds) will thank you!
Even if you are a chickpea skeptic, you have to try this chickpea cookie dough dip recipe. When I made my delicious chickpea oatmeal cookies, my sister-in-law thought I was nuts. But having a grain-free and protein-rich snack made me so excited and I love being able to create and share other chickpea recipes!
This chickpea cookie dough dip is so yummy with graham crackers or animal crackers! My kids are always complaining about always having the same snacks. This is one way to give them something new while only spending mere minutes preparing it!
It definitely gets the kids excited to eat it and makes mama happy knowing they are having a healthy snack.
Delicious and Healthy Cookie Dough Dip Recipes
Who says you can’t enjoy a sweet treat while still being healthy? That’s where delicious and healthy cookie dough dip recipes come in. With ingredients like chickpeas, almond butter, and maple syrup, you can indulge in a guilt-free way. These dips are perfect for parties or as a quick snack on the go.
- Delicious Sweet Potato Cookie Dough
- Easy Pumpkin Cookie Dough Dip
- Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake Cookie Dough Dip
- Monster Cookie Dough Dip
What are the Benefits of Chickpeas?
Who doesn’t love a good protein-packed dish? Chickpeas are one of the tastiest and easiest sources of protein to incorporate into your diet. These mighty beans are also rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals which means they are great for digestion, heart health, and even lowering blood sugar.
They’re a versatile ingredient that can be added to salads for extra crunch or made into a comforting bowl of hummus for dipping. The best part? Chickpeas are affordable and accessible, making them a great addition to any budget or pantry. So next time you’re in the mood for a satisfying and healthy meal, consider reaching for those trusty chickpeas!
Chickpeas are so healthy and super good for the following:
- Helps Control Blood Sugar Levels
- Increases Satiety and Helps with Weight Loss
- Improves Digestion Thanks to a High Fiber Content
- Helps Protect Against Heart Disease and Cancer
- Provides Essential Vitamins and Minerals
- Great Source of Plant-Based Protein
As little as 3/4 cup of garbanzos per day can help lower our LDL-cholesterol, total cholesterol, and triglycerides in a one-month period of time.
While the recipe calls for agave syrup, you can use whichever sweetener you like – honey, maple syrup, steevia, etc.
- 1 Cup Chickpeas, patted dry
- 1/3 Cup Natural Peanut Butter (natural Jif is fine)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Agave Nectar
- 1/3 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Combine chickpeas, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and agave in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until it's a fine puree.
- Remove cookie dough mixture from blender, and place in a large bowl.
- Add chocolate chips on top or mix together.
- Sit down and eat and enjoy this amazing healthy snack!