There are so many ways to use lemon essential oil. Lemon is one of the most basic and amazing essential oils for its healing AND cleaning wonders!
Easy Natural Uses for Lemon Essential Oil
Did you know liver detox is one of the many Easy Natural Uses for Lemon Essential Oil? I have been struggling with skin issues my entire life. Sometimes my skin clears up, but I have always worried about it. Recently I was turned on to the idea that liver toxins come out through the skin and cleansing my liver would be a good idea to ensure a healthy body and healthy skin.
There are many ways to do a natural detox, but I already have had success using lemon essential oil. I have been using it in my green smoothies and have seen results in my gastrointestinal health. And there was a time I wasn’t drinking the smoothies and my GI issues seemed to return. I started drinking them again and now after a week, I am not having any GI issues. That’s just me, but I love my lemon essential oil!
How Liver Affects Skin Health
Ok, so basically your liver acts as a filter in your bloodstream and cleanses the toxins you are exposed to each day, and the waste products of metabolism that your body generates each day. If your liver can’t detoxify your bloodstream very well (imagine a clogged drain) toxins must find an alternative route to get out. Typically they end up exiting the body out the skin.
The more toxins, the more stress the liver endures and the more our skin suffers as an exit route for these toxins.
Do you have a dirty liver?
Here are some of the symptoms of a sluggish liver:
- Acne/skin rashes
- Poor tolerance to coffee, alcohol, smoke or fragrances
- Brain fog
- Indigestion after eating
- Constipation, diarrhea or light or dark colored stools
- Difficulty losing weight even with diet efforts
- Pain in the lower right rib
- Waking at night between 2am and 4am
Benefits of lemon essential oil
- Supports digestive efficiency
- May improve concentration and mental acuity
- Helps with occasional gas
- Helps of occasional heartburn
- Helps occasional constipation
Quick Facts about Lemon Essential Oil
- Lemon essential oil is cold-pressed from the rinds of lemons. Jean Valnet MD estimated that it takes 3,000 lemons to produce one kilo of oil.
- Lemon is most known for its ability to fight germs and it is still gentle enough to use even with babies!
- Great to use as a cleaner around the house it can lift off stuck-on particles and help to fight germs.
- I love to diffuse it as it really brightens up my mood and clears my mind – some call it liquid sunshine!
- Many have found it does indeed help with circulation and their varicose veins. I put a drop in my smoothies and my kids love it!
Lemon Tea for Natural Detox
My favorite tea for a natural detox is Yogi Super Antioxidant Green Tea as it helps rid your body of free radicals while cleansing your liver.
Mix a drop of the lemon oil with some honey in cup then add hot water and tea bag. This is a great way to start your day. Wait 15 minutes before eating food.
Fruit Smoothie with Lemon Oil
Healthy Detoxing Smoothie
Makes 1 smoothie
1 cup frozen fruit (pineapple, mango or strawberries)
Handful of organic baby spinach
1/2 – 1 cup orange juice
Make sure to blend on high for at least one minute to achieve maximum smoothie smoothness.
Lemon Essential Oil Product Tips
- Use 1–2 drops of lemon essential oil to remove gum, oil, grease spots, glue or adhesive, and crayon from most surfaces.
- Combine 2–3 drops of lemon essential oil with water in a spray bottle to help cleanse and sanitize surfaces.
- Place a drop of lemon essential oil on oily skin or blemishes to help balance oil glands and minimize oil production.
- Soothe corns, calluses, or bunions by rubbing lemon essential oil on the affected area morning and evening.
- Massage lemon essential oil into cellulite to help improve circulation and eliminate waste from cells.
- Add lemon essential oil to your morning tea or breakfast shake for a refreshing pick-me-up.**
- Inhale lemon essential oil or place a few drops on a cotton ball to replenish your mind, body, and spirit.