Grief is a crippling emotion and we need some anchor to come out of it. Essential oils are grounding and calming and can help a great deal with emotional distress. Here are some Essential Oils for Grief and Loss.
Essential Oils for Grief and Loss
Essential oils have a deep impact on the mind. Today scientific research supports that the relaxing aroma of essential oils can help us to cope with stress, anxiety, grief, and other negative emotions! Let’s see in this blog, how the soothing aroma of essential oils can help you to ward away grief.
Can essential oils help you cope with grief?
It may seem incredible, but yes, essential oils can effectively help to bring a balance to the mind.
- A recent study (2020) on depression patients revealed that essential oils elevate the levels of the “food good” neurotransmitter dopamine in the body. Dopamine brings a feeling of reward, pleasure, and motivation. Naturally, if essential oils can help patients with chronic depression, then they are sure to erase your grief in no time!
- A previous study in 2015 also supports the fact that essential oils (basil) help as effective anxiolytic- and antidepressant agents. The anti-sadness efficacy of essential oils is so significant that the study recommends the use of essential oils in severe mental disorders like Alzheimer’s disease!
Multiple other scientific studies confirm an effective grief-relieving impact of the essential oils. But which is the best anti-grief essential oil?
What essential oils are good for sadness?
Some of the scientifically proven essential oils with a great anti-grief impact are:
- The soothing aroma of Lavender Essential Oil can help you to accept reality peacefully.
- The refreshing Peppermint Essential Oil can help to light up a new perspective to whatever happened. After all, grief is one of the best teachers!
- A purifying effect of Eucalyptus Essential Oil can help to remove all negativity, pain, and attachment to painful memories. It can help you to unload the past experiences and start with a clean slate!
- The sharp aroma of Basil Essential Oil penetrates your nose and mind and helps to wake you up to the reality that it is time to get up and move on!
- The invigorating Lemon Essential Oil can help you to feel motivated and charged for action.
This is an indicative list of essential oils effective in grief and sadness. But each individual is unique and nature is a gold mine of surprising treasures. So, feel free to experiment with the essentials oils you love and you may experience complete and speedy grief relief!
How do you use essential oils for grief?
You can use essential oils in multiple ways, according to your convenience. Some of the ways are:
- Dip an aromatherapy stick in the essential oil and let it spread the fragrance
- Use a diffuser or aromatherapy lamp for essential oils.
- Add a few drops of essential oil to your bath and soak in the relaxing fragrance.
- Go for a soothing aromatherapy massage
- Add a few drops to your body wash, shampoo, or skin moisturizer, and carry the fragrance throughout the day.
- Use the essential oil as a natural perfume or deodorant.
These are some of the easy ways to use essential oils when you are too sad to do anything else. However, the most effective way especially for grief relief is aromatherapy meditation!
- Use a diffuser or an aromatherapy stick to diffuse the essential oil.
- Sit in a comfortable position, relax your body, and peacefully inhale the aroma.
- Imagine that all the negativity and sadness is going out of your mind as you exhale.
- And positivity, joy, and hope are entering your mind as you inhale the soothing aroma.
We hope that this information will help you to steer clear from deep paralyzing grief, help you to learn from the past, and grow beyond it.