Go Green for Earth Day Tips, Freebies and Printable Activities
Go Green for Earth Day!
It's Earth Day! It's the one day a year that playing in the dirt is actually promoted and encouraged! You don't have to have any grand plans for today, but if you do just one little thing to change your routine you can say you participated in Earth Day!
It's never too late to go green.
Small changes you can make everyday
- Install a Nest Learning Thermostat and SAVE more money! This is one cool thing that is actually really worth it. Read my review here.
- Go green with your household products – check out this list of 10 homemade products you can make at home PLUS printable labels and recipes!
- Eat less meat! Here are some vegetarian meal ideas to get you started.
- Leave your shoes at the door. Did you know that wearing your shoes inside can bring exhaust and pesticides into your house?
- Put your microwavables in glass containers rather than plastic, as many contain hormone-disrupting compounds, not just BPA.
- Go for greener alternatives to bug sprays and pesticides.
5 Homemade Insect Repellents To Protect Your Child Outdoors
Brew Your Own Homemade Pesticide Sprays
Natural Flea and Tick Repellent with Essential Oils
Eco-Friendly Easy DIY Homemade Mosquito Traps
Eco-Friendly Home Pest Control with Essential Oils
For more green lifestyle changes visit PistachioProject.com!
Check out these deals and freebies in honor of Earth Day!
Apple & Android – A free Earth-Day themed mobile app called “The Four Seasons” offers interactive puzzles and games focused on nature and environmental conservation. The educational app is designed for young children and can be downloaded free of charge from the iTunes or Google Play stores.
Glass Dharma – Free Glass Straw Giveaway. Take a quick eco-informative quiz & get a coupon code via email for the free straw. One straw per person and free shipping is not included.
Disney Store – Receive a FREE Disneynature Bears reusable tote bag when you bring in 5 plastic bags on April 22, 2014. Limit 1 tote bag per guest while supplies last at participating locations.
Amazon – Save on lots of green and gardening items like 50% off a Rubbermaid Recycling Container
Abe's Market – Free Shipping on all purchases at Abe's Market, plus up to 50% off in our Earth Week Sale!
Spoonful.com – Print out this cute booklet and have the kids color and do the activities.
EPA.gov – Download and print the Happy Earth Day activities book.
Disney Junior – Print out the Higglytown Heroes activity pack.
Scholastic – Earth Day awareness printable for kids.
I may try incorporating some of these tips; I am always looking for ways to better my environment.
Yes, the official Earth Day has passed, but I wanted to get some ideas for year round and I found some. Am eating 95% vegetarian already for our health and budget. Also thrilled to see the natural repellents and printables! Thanks!
Great tips on going green and great message about it never being too late to go green!