Earth Day is a great time to reflect on the importance of preserving our planet. And what better way to remind us all how special and precious the earth is than quotes from some of history’s most influential people? Here are some inspiring quotes about Earth Day that will help you learn more about why we celebrate it and cherish our planet. Good Earth Day Quotes can be a great source of motivation to take action and make a difference, no matter how small. So, let’s start off this Earth Day celebration by taking some time to reflect on the importance of protecting our home – the earth!
Inspirational quotes can be a great source of comfort in hard times. When we feel overwhelmed and discouraged, a meaningful quote can give us an uplifting perspective that lets us remember our potential and inner strength. Inspirational Quotes for Comfort from influential people throughout history have inspired generations of readers—by reflecting on these words, we can draw strength from their wisdom and optimism to help us stay focused during challenging times.
What is Earth Day?
Earth Day is an annual event, celebrated on the 22nd of April all around the world. It began in 1970 as a way to raise global awareness of the environment and its impact on our daily lives, and has since become one of the largest civic events on our planet!
Whether you take part in a local cleanup activity or join others online to celebrate our wonderful planet, being aware and mindful of environmental issues is something that we can all get behind. For just one special day each year, why not spend some time raising your own environmental awareness and showing your love for Mother Earth?
What are Good Slogans for Earth Day?
Earth Day is a great opportunity for us to come together and contribute towards preserving the planet. What better way to make a statement than with a catchy slogan? An inspiring and thought-provoking slogan will help raise awareness about caring for the planet and encourage positive changes in our day-to-day lifestyle.
Some great slogans for Earth Day could be ‘Protect The Planet’, ‘For A Greener World’, ‘Strive For Balance’ or ‘Harness Renewable Resources’. Get creative, have some fun and let your voice be heard!
26 Good Earth Day Quotes
- Be the change you wish to see in this world.
- It is our collective and individual responsibility to protect and nurture the global family, to support its weaker members and to preserve and tend to the environment in which we all live.
― Dalai Lama
- only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things we could use.
— Mother Teresa
- A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people.
— Franklin D. Roosevelt
- We have forgotten how to be good guests, how to walk lightly on the earth as its other creatures do.
— Barbara Ward
- We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.
― Native American Proverb
- He that plants trees loves others beside himself.
― Thomas Fuller
- Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s need, but not every man’s greed.
- Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet, and the winds long to play with your hair. ― Kahlil Gibran
- Those who contemplate the beauty of the Earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.
― Rachel Carson
- Earth rejoices in our words, breathing, and peaceful steps. Let every breath, every word, and every step make the mother earth proud of us.
― Amit Ray
- Nature does not hurry yet everything is accomplished.
— Lao Tzu
- The real you is loving, joyful and free. The real you is just like a flower, just like the wind, just like the ocean, just like the sun.
— Don Miguel Ruiz
- It is a blessing to be the color of the earth; do you know how often flowers confuse me for home?
— Rupi Kaur
- Look after the land and the land will look after you, destroy the land and it will destroy you.
— Aboriginal Proverb
- All we have to do is to wake up and change.
— Greta Thunberg
- Every day is Earth Day, and I vote we start investing in a secure climate future right now.
— Jackie Speier
- I am the wilderness.
— Brene Brown
- Love the earth as you would love yourself.
— John Denver
- No matter how old you get, may you always stop to fill your pockets with smooth stones, empty snail shells, and other little treasures.
— Nicolette Snowder
- Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.
— Frank Lloyd Wright
- The earth is what we all have in common.
— Wendell Berry
- Try to leave the earth a better place than when you arrived.
— Sidney Sheldon
- Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
— Warren Buffett
- What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.
— Jane Goodall
- There’s a whole world out there, right outside your window. You’d be a fool to miss it.
— Charlotte Eriksson