This Applesauce Pumpkin Spice Bread is the perfect way to enjoy the fall season. Made with white whole wheat flour, this bread is healthy and delicious. Baking powder and baking soda help give this bread a fluffy texture, while cinnamon and pumpkin spice add flavor. The addition of applesauce makes this bread moist and gives it a slight sweetness.
Pumpkin Quick Bread Recipes are so easy and fun to make at home, and you can really customize them to suit your own taste. You can add different spices, herbs, or even fruits and nuts to bread recipes to give them a unique flavor. bread recipes are also a great way to use up leftover bread that might otherwise go to waste. bread recipes can be made with all sorts of bread, from white bread to wheat bread to sourdough bread. And, of course, bread recipes can be made into all sorts of shapes and sizes – from loaves to rolls to cinnamon buns.
Warm and Cozy Applesauce Pumpkin Spice Bread
This pumpkin spice bread is the perfect way to enjoy the fall season. Made with white whole wheat flour, this bread is healthy and delicious. Baking powder and baking soda help give this bread a fluffy texture, while cinnamon and pumpkin spice add flavor. Top with maple syrup or honey for extra sweetness.
This amazing homemade bread is made with pumpkin purée and spices and of course applesauce. I used a bit of maple syrup to sweeten it but you can make it without as well. You can use plain all-purpose flour but I like to use white whole wheat flour which is healthier than all-purpose but milder tasting than whole wheat flour.
If you make a double batch with an entire can of pumpkin pureé you can make a bundt cake bread like my all-natural banana bread!
Delicious Pumpkin Bread Recipes
- Chocolate Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Easy Pancake Mix Pumpkin Bread
- Chocolate Drizzled Pumpkin Zucchini Bread
Special ingredients in this delicious bread:
- Pumpkin Pureé: If you don’t like leftover pumpkin pureé, you can make a double batch of bread! Or use the leftover for overnight oats!
- Pure maple syrup: I only use a little bit of syrup to sweeten the bread
- White Whole Flour: This flour is healthier than just white flour but not as dense as wheat flour. It’s a great balance.
- Pumpkin spice: My favorite blend is from Trader Joe’s
- Nuts (optional): Feel free to add 1/4-1/2 cup of nuts
Storing Your Pumpkin Bread
This pumpkin bread will stay fresh at room temperature for 3-4 days.
Once the bread is cooled, I like to wrap it up in plastic wrap and put in a ziploc bag or in an airtight container. You can also freeze extra loaves! Just wrap up well in plastic wrap and/or freezer paper and store it for up to 6 months.
How Long Does Pumpkin Bread Last?
Pumpkin bread is a fall favorite, but how long does it last? Most bread recipes will last for about 3-4 days if stored properly. However, pumpkin bread is a bit different. The high moisture content of the pumpkin puree can cause the bread to spoil more quickly. For best results, store pumpkin bread in an airtight container in the fridge and consume within 2-3 days. You can also freeze pumpkin bread to extend its shelf life. Wrap each loaf tightly in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to enjoy, thaw overnight at room temperature or pop a slice in the microwave for a quick fix. No matter how you slice it, pumpkin bread is best enjoyed fresh!
What are the Benefits of Pumpkin Bread?
Pumpkin bread is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional bread recipes. Made with whole wheat flour, pumpkin puree, and spices, it is a nutritious and filling option for breakfast or snacks. Pumpkin bread is also high in fiber, which helps to regulate digestion and can promote heart health. Additionally, the beta-carotene in pumpkin puree acts as an antioxidant, helping to protect cells from damage. So not only is pumpkin bread delicious, but it is also good for you! Try making your own at home with this easy recipe.
You’ll Love these Other Fall Bread Recipes
- Delicious Healthy Apple Bread
- Homemade Gingerbread Bundt Cake
- Banana Nut Bread with Maple Syrup and Pecans
- Pumpkin Oat Flour Bread
- Sweet Potato Bread with Pecans
- Homemade Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup pumpkin pureé
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and set an oven rack in the middle position. Grease an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Whisk until well combined; set aside.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat the wet ingredients on medium speed until just blended. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until very light and fluffy, a few minutes.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until combined.
- Turn the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the loaf cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.