This is a guest post by Tina of Kidz Activities for Five Spot Green Living.
I was inspired to create this healthy berry punch recipe because I wanted to make a healthy drink alternative for an intimate Frozen Party. I personally try to abstain from fizzy drinks so I experimented to see if I can create a yummy alternative using natural ingredients. I had hoped that using blueberries and blackberries would give the drink a deep purple color to fit with the theme of the Frozen party. But rather, it came out as deep red in color. The color was still beautiful though. I simply made sure to have lots of bright blue (blue straws and blue napkins) around the drink. And in the end, it fit our intimate Frozen themed party perfectly.
Hosting a party can be so much fun, but it can also be a little bit stressful trying to find the perfect drink to serve. Luckily, I have some Easy Punch Recipes that will have your guests raving! Whether you’re throwing a backyard BBQ or a fancy dinner party, these refreshing and delicious punches will impress everyone. You don’t have to be a bartender to whip up these drinks either – they’re so simple and quick to make that you’ll have plenty of time to focus on the rest of your party planning. From fruity to fizzy, there’s a punch recipe for every occasion and taste. So, let’s get mixing and create some unforgettable drinks!
Healthy Berry Punch Ingredients
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- Juice of half a lemon
- 3 T. honey
- 5-6 tarragon leaves
- 4 cups cold water
- Ice cubes and extra frozen blueberries and blackberries
* This recipe makes 4 adult (or 8 child) servings. Simply multiply the recipe if you have more guests.
Healthy Berry Punch Method
- In a saucepan, heat the frozen blueberries, blackberries, lemon juice, tarragon leaves, honey and water on low heat for approximately 5 minutes (or until berries are soft).
- Strain the mixture, mashing up the berries on the strainer to get most of the flavor and color into the liquid.
- Chill the berry punch until ready to serve. Serve with lots of ice and frozen blueberries and blackberries. Optional: Garnish with tarragon and lemon.
For more healthy recipes see the entire index here!