Deliciously Healthy Chia Seeds Recipes
Chia seeds are so crazy healthy, but they still seem to be unknown to the general public. Did you know chia seeds deliver a massive amount of nutrients with little calories? Learn about some chia seeds recipes and also how to incorporate them into your diet for more healthy recipes!
Healthy Chia Seeds Recipes
Top 10 Benefits of Chia Seeds
- Chia seeds are rich in polyunsaturated fats, especially omega-3 fatty acids which can help reduce inflammation and enhance cognitive performance
- Chia seeds are an excellent source of fiber - one-third of the daily recommended intake of fiber per day is in just 2 tablespoons!
- Chia seeds are rich in antioxidants that help protect the body from free radicals, aging and cancer.
- Two tablespoons of chia seeds contain nutrients help you prevent hypertension and maintain a healthy weight.
- The combination of protein, fiber and the gelling action of chia seeds when mixed with liquids all contribute to making one feel full.
- Chia seeds contain no gluten or grains.
- Unlike flaxseeds, chia seeds do not need to be ground in order to obtain their nutrient benefits.
- A study published in the "British Journal of Nutrition" showed that chia seeds as a dietary fat source can lower triglycerides and cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol.
- Chia seeds can reduce insulin resistance and decrease abnormally high levels of insulin in the blood.
Chia Seeds Healthy Recipes
Here are some other great chia seeds recipes to try!
Vegan Triple Berry Chia Seed Pudding | Natural Chow
Peach Chia Seed Jam - Natural Fit Foodie
Healthy Oatmeal Recipe - Crafty Morning
Read more about chia seeds here:
I need to make the Healthy chia seeds recipe. I actually love chia seeds and they are so healthy. The Greek yogurt and bananas are delicious in this recipe!
I remember when chia seeds first came out as a superfood. I thought, "Wait, chia as in chia pet???". lol.
This would be good for breakfast.
A friend of mine has raved about the benefits of chia seeds and I have always wanted to try them, but wasn't sure what to do with them. These recipes are a great way for me to start adding chia seeds into our daily regime. Thanks so much for the post.
I am so glad to see chia seed recipes! I ordered some chia to add a bit to our morning smoothies and am excited to try other ways to use them.
I love chia seeds and use them all the time. I have not put in yogurt before. I do use them in kefir, but I will have to try the yogurt. I bet the consistency will be nice.
I love chia..recently implemented into my diet.
I'm going to pin this..
Would be great with the ninja too..haha.
I have only tried chia seeds a couple of times. I wear dentures so the whole versions are a bit tough to eat. I think in yogurt though I could likely do it.
Chia Seeds are applied to my yogurt ans smoothies.
I mean (and smoothies).
Who knew that Chia Pet was a wonderfood! lol. We put it in our daily smoothies. Thanks for the great recipes.