Chia seeds are so crazy healthy, but they still seem to be unknown to the general public. Did you know chia seeds deliver a massive amount of nutrients with little calories? Learn about some chia seeds recipes and also how to incorporate them into your diet for more healthy recipes!
Healthy Chia Seeds Recipes
Top 10 Benefits of Chia Seeds
- Chia seeds are rich in polyunsaturated fats, especially omega-3 fatty acids which can help reduce inflammation and enhance cognitive performance
- Chia seeds are an excellent source of fiber – one-third of the daily recommended intake of fiber per day is in just 2 tablespoons!
- Chia seeds are rich in antioxidants that help protect the body from free radicals, aging and cancer.
- Two tablespoons of chia seeds contain nutrients help you prevent hypertension and maintain a healthy weight.
- The combination of protein, fiber and the gelling action of chia seeds when mixed with liquids all contribute to making one feel full.
- Chia seeds contain no gluten or grains.
- Unlike flaxseeds, chia seeds do not need to be ground in order to obtain their nutrient benefits.
- A study published in the “British Journal of Nutrition” showed that chia seeds as a dietary fat source can lower triglycerides and cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or “good” cholesterol.
- Chia seeds can reduce insulin resistance and decrease abnormally high levels of insulin in the blood.
Chia Seeds Healthy Recipes
Here are some other great chia seeds recipes to try!
Vegan Triple Berry Chia Seed Pudding | Natural Chow
Read more about chia seeds here: