I love beans. I seriously could eat them every day if my family would allow. White beans are so different from other beans, they tend to be creamier and more mild. Adding white beans to a Monday meal makes a healthy recipe a little bit easier, less stressful for the first day of the work week, and still satisfying.
Hearty White Bean Stew Recipe
4 cups veggie stock
1/2 bag dried white beans
2 cloves garlic
2 large carrots
2 celery stalks
1 bay leaf
1 medium yellow onion
1 T olive oil
1 T parsley
1/2 tsp thyme
salt to taste
- Let beans soak in water a few hours or overnight.
- In a food processor, finely chop the onion, celery, carrots, and garlic. Put everything into the pressure cooker. Once the cooker reaches pressure, cook for 15 minutes, then let cool by itself on the stove, without forcing it using the nozzle.
This recipe can also be done on the stove or in the slow cooker. For instructions on how to use a pressure cooker, check out our post Pressure Cooking is Not So Scary!
Adapted from My Whole Food Life.
Honey Cornbread Muffins
I thought these were a bit sweet (even after cutting down on the granulated sugar) but the kids loved them!
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole milk
2 large eggs
1/2 stick butter, melted
1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Into a large bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the whole milk, eggs, butter, and honey. Add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Evenly divide the cornbread mixture into muffin tin. Bake for 15 minutes, until golden.
Cilantro Shrimp Pasta
I love (I mean LOVE) cilantro, so this dish using an entire HALF CUP of the stuff…well, I can just smell it! Yummy. Oh yeah…there’s shrimp, too.
Recipe coming soon…these burgers are so simple and easy and so good, even without a bun. Pair it up with sautéed brussel sprouts, potatoes au gratin, sweet potatoes, etc.
Quiche Lorraine (with Turkey Bacon)
I make my own crust in a matter of minutes and use turkey bacon in this quiche (it makes a huge difference!). Add a fruit salad and biscuits or croissants and you have a nice, light meal.
Red Pepper and Sweet Onion Pizza on Semolina Crust
I have decided to institute a weekly pizza night, now that we have found and decided on an awesome pizza crust recipe made with semolina flour. Love this semolina pizza crust.