Looking for a healthy recipe? These Broccoli Carrot Fritters are perfect! They’re made with wholesome ingredients, they’re easy to make, and they taste delicious. Plus, they’re a great way to use up leftover broccoli and carrots. So if you’re looking for a healthy and delicious recipe, give these broccoli and carrot fritters a try! You won’t be disappointed.
Trying to eat healthy can be hard, especially when you’re used to eating unhealthy foods. A lot of Healthy Recipes can taste bland and boring, but that doesn’t mean they all have to be that way. There are plenty of healthy recipes out there that are both delicious and nutritious. So if you’re looking for healthy recipes that are both tasty and easy to make, there are some great ideas here!
Do You Need Help Living Your Best Life?
Daily, weekly and monthly planners that will help you keep on track! Inspiration for a healthy mind, body and soul with quotes, healthy meals and more!
Health Benefits of Broccoli
We all know broccoli is healthy and good for us and we should all be eating more of it, but do you know why? Did you know that a cup of cooked broccoli offers as much vitamin C as an orange? Broccoli contains vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, iron, magnesium, potassium, and zinc too. It also provides fiber and is low in calories according to the Dairy Council of California.
Here are some more facts about broccoli:
- Broccoli is a great source of vitamins K and C, a good source of folate (folic acid) and also provides potassium, fiber.
- Vitamin K – essential for the functioning of many proteins involved in blood clotting
- Vitamin C – builds collagen, which forms body tissue and bone, and helps cuts and wounds heal. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and protects the body from damaging free radicals.
- Fiber – diets high in fiber promote digestive health. A high fiber intake can also help lower cholesterol.
- Potassium – a mineral and electrolyte that is essential for the function of nerves and heart contraction.
- Folate – is necessary for the production and maintenance of new cells in the body.
More Posts like Broccoli and Carrot Fritters
- Kid-Friendly Protein Pancakes Recipe
- Tips to Get Your Kids to Eat More Fruits and Vegetables
- Healthy Moroccan Chickpea Carrot Stew
What is a Good Dipping Sauce for Broccoli Carrot Fritters
If you’re looking for a healthy dipping sauce for your broccoli and carrot fritters, there are plenty of options to choose from. One simple and healthy recipe is to mix equal parts plain yogurt and tahini. This combination is not only delicious, but it’s also packed with healthy fats and protein. Another option is to make a minty yogurt sauce by mixing plain yogurt with chopped mint leaves, lemon juice, and a bit of honey.
This refreshing sauce is perfect for dipping crunchy veggies like broccoli and carrots. Lastly, if you want a slightly sweeter dipping sauce, you can mix plain yogurt with diced mangoes or peaches. This fruity dip is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth while still getting your daily dose of veggies. No matter what dipping sauce you choose, broccoli and carrots make a healthy and delicious snack that’s perfect for dipping.
Easy Kid-Friendly Meal Ideas Like This!
- Fresh Fruit Salad with Yogurt Honey Dip
- Grilled Cheese, Ham and Broccoli Sandwich
- Mexican Tater Tot Casserole
- Vegetable Cream Cheese Tortilla Rollups
- 2 Cups Chopped Steamed Broccoli
- 2 Medium Carrots
- ¾ Cups Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Clove Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Start by cutting the florets off the steamed broccoli and cutting them into small pieces. Cut the stalks into small, thin slices. Peel and chop the carrots roughly.
- In a food processor combine the flour, eggs, dijon mustard and garlic. Mix until well combined.
- Add in the chopped broccoli and carrots and stir through.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Once hot, use a ladle to spoon the batter into the pan to form small patties.
- Allow the fritters to cook for 3 minutes until lightly golden and then flip and cook for 2-3 more minutes on the other side. Once cooked transfer to a paper towel and keep warm in the oven while you cook the remainder of the fritters.