Salads are such healthy recipes and very filling especially when you add freshly grilled chicken! Try this high-protein Mexican Chicken Salad with tomatoes and wrapped in a tortilla for something different.
- 1 Chicken breast
- ¼ Onion (sliced)
- ½ Avocado
- 2 Cups lettuce
- ¼ Cup croutons
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp chopped pistachios
- Parmesan cheese
- For the chicken breast, season it with salt, and pepper.
- Cook in a skillet over medium-high heat until well done. Remove from heat and set it aside.
- For the salad, in a bowl mix together the lettuce and onions.
- Drizzle the olive oil and lime juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and add the oregano. Mix well.
- Add the avocado and the chicken breast. Top with the pistachios and lightly sprinkle the parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy.
For a spicy kick add red pepper flakes and paprika.