The following two Moroccan smoothie recipes are from two sites with great resources and recipes!
Moroccan Orange and Peach Juice – Orange and Peach Smoothie Recipe
Courtesy of Christine Benlafquih, Moroccan Food @ About.com Guide
Use fresh or frozen fruit for this popular Moroccan juice and fruit combo. Add the optional yogurt to turn the juice into a refreshing smoothie.
Note the specks in the juice – that’s the peach skin. I don’t bother peeling the fruit since the skin contains nutrients, but do remove any blemished skin.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 to 5 servings
4 or 5 large peaches, pitted and sliced (about 2 cups frozen peach slices)
4 cups (1 liter) orange juice
1 cup vanilla or peach flavored yogurt (optional)
sugar, to taste
8 ice cubes (optional)
1. In a blender, process the peaches and about half of the orange juice until smooth. Add the remaining juice, sugar, yogurt and ice and blend again until the ice is well-crushed.
2. Pour into glasses, and serve.
Dried Fruit Smoothies
Recipe courtesy of Cooking with Alia
Prep Time: 15 minutes
3 cups of milk
1/4 cup of raw almonds
1/4 cup of raisins
3 tablespoons of sugar
- Remove the pits from the dates.
- Soak the dates and raisins in hot water for 5-10 minutes until they soften. If the dates are moist, there is no need to soak them in water.
- Drain the dates and raisins from the water and let them cool down.
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender. Serve the juice cold.