You know how cooking healthy recipes in the heat of summer is just the pits? Even if you have air conditioning, it’s not fun to have to cook a big meal when the kids are jumping around the house wanting to play outside.
Healthy Recipes: Chicken Gyudon with Rice
Here’s a quick and easy healthy recipe that you can make on a weeknight for any number of people. It’s so easy to prepare and you can add vegetables or beans to stretch it for more people! I love myself some beans…my husband may not agree because you know that old saying haha! But seriously, beans are so yummy in my tummy and very healthy. Read here why they are so good for you (and get my fave bean casserole recipe).
Yes, it’s seriously so easy. You chop the chicken into little pieces (or big pieces if you prefer) and add to pan and cook, then add the water, onions, rice vinegar and soy sauce and *poof* you are DONE!
Chicken Gyudon with Rice
- ½ Pound chicken
- 1 Cup water
- ½ Very thick sliced onion
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (or tamari)
- Chives to taste
- Chop the chicken in 1 inch cubes.
- Place in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the water and onion slices, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice vinegar and soy sauce, and cook until there is no water left.
- Top with chives to taste
- Serve the chicken (without the onions) with rice and enjoy