Are you looking for a delicious and Healthy Easy Vegetarian Tortilla Soup recipe? Look no further! This easy to make dish is packed with nutritious vegetables, has the perfect hint of taco seasoning and will become a weekly favorite in no time. We’ve got all the ingredients and instructions you need to whip up this tasty treat. Get ready to savor the flavor of this healthy vegetarian tortilla soup!
Looking for some Healthy Recipes that will satisfy your cravings without compromising your health? Look no further, my friend! From vegan meals to gluten-free treats, there are plenty of options out there to help you maintain a healthy and balanced diet. Whether you’re looking for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snacks, there are tons of delicious recipes out there that pack a punch in both flavor and nutrition. So, let’s ditch the fast food and dive into some delicious and healthy cooking!
How Do You Make Tortilla Soup Thicker?
Do you ever find yourself craving a warm bowl of tortilla soup but wishing it had a thicker consistency? Well, fear not! There are a few simple tricks you can use to make your tortilla soup thicker and heartier. One option is to add a cornstarch slurry, which is a mixture of cornstarch and water, to the soup as it simmers.
This will help thicken the broth without affecting the flavor. Another option is to puree some of the vegetables in the soup, such as the tomatoes or peppers, and then add them back into the pot. This will not only thicken the soup, but it will also add a deeper flavor profile. So next time you’re in the mood for some comforting tortilla soup, remember that a thicker bowl is just a few simple steps away.
How Long is Tortilla Soup Good For?
Wondering how long tortilla soup lasts? Well, it’s good news – tortilla soup can last for up to four days in the refrigerator when properly stored. That means you can enjoy a delicious bowl of this hearty soup for multiple meals throughout the week. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container and keep it chilled until you’re ready to reheat and enjoy.
And don’t forget to add some fresh toppings like avocado, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime to give your soup an extra burst of flavor. Now go ahead and dig in!
How Do You Make Brown Rice in the Instant Pot?
Making brown rice in the Instant Pot is quick and easy! First, measure out the desired amount of rice and rinse it under cold water until the water runs clear. Then, pour the rice into the Instant Pot and add water in a 1:1.5 ratio (1 cup of rice to 1.5 cups of water). Close the lid, set the pressure valve to “sealing,” and select the “manual” or “pressure cook” setting on high.
Cook for 22 minutes, then allow a natural pressure release for 10 minutes before manually releasing any remaining pressure.
Fluff the rice with a fork and enjoy! This method ensures perfectly cooked, fluffy brown rice every time. Plus, the convenience of the Instant Pot means you can have it ready in no time for any meal of the day.
Part of the reason this healthy vegetarian tortilla soup was so fast is that most of the ingredients come from cans. Now, you need to make sure you check what is in these cans. I like to use vegetarian refried beans because there are no extra ingredients. I also use organic vegetable broth and make sure the beans are thoroughly washed and drained before adding to the soup.
I cooked up the brown rice separately ahead of time so I could make sure it was done before adding it to the hot soup. If you are using instant rice you could just cook it right in the soup! I love easy and delicious recipes like this made with ingredients I can keep on hand.
More Healthy Vegetarian Recipes
- Vegetarian Black Bean Enchilada Casserole
- Quick Santa Fe Pasta Salad
- Hearty Crockpot Bean Soup Recipe
- Easy Taco Soup on the Stove
- 32 Ounces Organic Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 15 Ounce Can Vegetarian or Fat-Free Refried Beans
- 15 Ounce Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 Ounce Can Diced Tomatoes, juice and all
- 1 Small Can Diced Green Chiles
- 8 Ounces Frozen Corn
- 1-2 Cups Cooked Brown Rice
- 1/2 Cup Salsa
- 1-2 Tablespoons Cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons All-Natural Taco Seasoning Mix
- If using brown rice, make ahead of time. Instant rice can be cooked in the soup.
- Mix all ingredients except toppings together and bring to a boil.
- Turn to medium heat and let simmer for at least 10 minutes but longer is fine.
- Serve with whatever toppings you like - shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole, etc.
- Freezer Meal Directions: To freeze for later, cook the soup fully and cook rice separately just a little bit undercooked. Let it cool, mix soup and rice and then freeze in a BPA-free freezer bag or air-tight container for up to 3 months. Thaw and rewarms easily over low heat on the stove.
Optional Toppings: sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, crushed tortilla chips