Don’t you feel so relaxed after using Lavender and Chamomile Bath Salts? That’s because of their stress-relieving and muscle-relaxing properties. Here is a recipe using essential oils to try in your soak tonight.
Easy Lavender and Chamomile Bath Salts
There is something so soothing about the routine of filling up the bath. Getting the homemade bath salts recipe ready and filling the tub with warm water and inhaling the aroma of the essential oils.
Spending time in hot water also helped with inflammation, according to the study’s results. Bathers experienced an anti-inflammatory response in the body similar to what happens after people exercise according to U.K.’s National Centre for Sport & Exercise Medicine.
Do You Need Help Living Your Best Life?
Daily, weekly and monthly planners that will help you keep on track! Inspiration for a healthy mind, body and soul with quotes, healthy meals and more!
One thing that makes my bath experience with my homemade bath salts so heavenly is my bath pillow. I looked all over for the perfect bath pillow. I didn’t want a plastic pillow, and I wanted one that would support my neck in our large bathtub.
One thing I love so much about using the herbs in the tea bags, is you get the benefits of using fresh herbs without all the mess when you let the water out. So easy to clean up when it’s just in a tea bag!
Beyond its skin-healing powers, lavender essential oil also has also anti-anxiety effects and decreases premenstrual emotional symptoms. Take a bath with oils to aid sleep, promote relaxation, manage stress and lift the mood.
Chamomile can calm nerves and reduce anxiety. It also increases the secretion of serotonin and melatonin hormones in the body that reduces symptoms of chronic anxiety and stress. There are so many antioxidants that provide relief from skin conditions like psoriasis, eczema, acne, sunburn and rosacea.
Lavender Health Benefits
Some studies suggest lavender can improve your body’s melatonin levels which can support a better night’s rest. Lavender also helps with mood, anxiety and depression. Lavender is known for its ability to calm the nervous system and reduce anxiety and depression.
Benefits of Epsom Salts
Epsom salts are a naturally occurring pure mineral compound of magnesium and sulfate with many health benefits as well as many beauty, household, and gardening-related uses.
The health benefits of epsom salt include:
- Eases stress and relaxes the body
- Relieves pain and muscle cramps
- Helps muscles and nerves function properly
- Helps prevent hardening of arteries and blood clots
- Makes insulin more effective
- Relieves constipation
- Eliminates toxins from the body
Read more about epsom salt benefits at Saltworks.
Benefits of Sea Salt Baths
According to the Saltworks company, bathing in Dead Sea salt may be particularly beneficial because it contains an array of minerals that include potassium, which helps to balance skin moisture; bromides, which reduce muscle pain and stiffness; and sodium, which improves the circulation of lymphatic fluid.
Easy Chamomile Bath Salts Recipe
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- 1/2 cup Sea salt
- Chamomile flowers (dried)
- Lavender buds, optional
- 20 drops
lavender essential oil
- Fabric or non-paper tea bags, tea balls, organza sacks
- In a large bowl or jar, mix salts.
- To the salt, add the dried flowers and oil and mix.
- Add a spoonful of the mixture to the tea bag.
- While running bath, throw in the tea bag and let steep while you are soaking!
Wildflower Bath Tea with Chamomile
- 5 tbsp rolled oats
- 2 tbsp Dead Sea salt
- 2 tbsp dried chamomile
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 – 2 tbsp dried flower petals (e.g. cornflower, calendula, lavender buds, rose petals)
- 1 – 2 tbsp carrier oil (coconut, sweet almond, or olive oil)
- 3 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 drops geranium essential oil
- 2 drops lemon balm essential oil
- Mix the dry ingredients. Put the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and combine.
- Add the essential oils. Drip the essential oils on a small spoon and then stir into the dry ingredients until well absorbed.
- Pack the bath tea. Fill the bath tea into muslin bags, or small mason jars.
- Add Carrier oil directly to bath water to ensure essential oils are bestter absorbed.
- Hang the bag on your tub nozzle. Turn your water on hot and let it run over your bag of herbs until your tub is half full. Then adjust your temperature to fill the tub the rest of the way and toss your bag into the water as you soak.
Tip: The recipe makes enough for 2 muslin bags or one 4-oz jar.
I love Rocky Mountain Oils because of their quality 100% pure essential oils that require no minimum purchase and always gives FREE shipping! Plus they always have specials going on!
Rocky Mountain Oils’ essential oils are verified by a third-party, independent lab. GC/MS tests verify purity and quality of the oils sold so you can look at the bottom of the bottle to find your individual batch code and then input that number into our website to pull up the GC/MS test results.
Rocky Mountain Products can be returned for any reason, even if opened, for up to 90 days. RMO also pays for our customers’ return shipping expenses to make our ordering process completely risk-free.
RMO includes three different icons for recommended use on each bottle for easy reference: Diffuse, Topical Application and Household. So you can look at the bottle and know in what way it’s intended for use.