Easy Homemade Sandwich Rolls (Under 2 Hours!)
Does your family like fresh bread? Do your kids like to take sandwiches to school with them like mine? I think there is nothing better than a sandwich made with a delicious homemade bread recipe. These homemade sandwich rolls bake up easy on a Sunday afternoon and then you can keep them all week. Make extra and put them in the freezer for quick Friday night dinners - they are perfect for turkey melts, BLTs or sloppy joes!
Homemade Sandwich Rolls
Making homemade bread used to feel so daunting. I would see my mother-in-law make it so many times during the week, but it's really pretty easy. Especially if you have a KitchenAid mixer with a dough hook or a bread machine put on the dough option. Then all you do is add the ingredients and press a button.
I couldn't find my dough hook for my mixer so I kneaded this bread by hand, but really, it's not that time-consuming as the bread is very pliable.
Don't be put off by having to warm the milk and butter. It makes it all worth it in the end. Despite this step, these homemade bread sandwich rolls are really quick and easy. Your kids could even help form the rolls if you don't care about the shape!
Here's my secret - I used a round screw-top cover to form the rolls before rising. You can use the top to an oatmeal canister or anything like that. Believe me, it makes it SO much easier!
My kids can't get enough of this bread when it's fresh from the oven - with cream cheese or nutella!
Easy Homemade Bread Rolls Sandwiches (Under 2 Hours!)
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- Combine milk, sugar, butter, and salt in small saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until butter melts.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to lukewarm.
- Combine 1 cup bread flour, egg, yeast, and milk mixture in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook; beat at lowest speed for 1 minute. Let rest 5 to 10 minutes. Add 2 3/4 cups bread flour; mix at next-to-lowest speed until dough cleans sides of bowl and sticks to dough hook, about 2 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Separate into 2 pieces, placing rolls onto 2 lightly greased baking sheets.
- Divide into 4-6 balls and form into circles about 4" diameter.
- Cover with waxed paper and let rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush tops of buns with melted butter. Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
More Homemade Bread Posts
Easy Homemade Bread Machine Recipes
Benefits of Homemade Bread vs Store Bought
You make it look so easy and I'm sure your kitchen smells beautiful when they are cooking. Thanks for sharing with us at #overthemoon link party. Have a great week!
These look so yummy! I bet they are awesome. Thank you for sharing on Merry Monday! Have a great week!
You made it look so easy! Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner link up!
We love homemade bread and your Sandwich Rolls look amazing! Hope you are having a fantastic day and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!