Homemade Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Recipe
Have you ever had chocolate chip zucchini bread? If you have not, you are seriously missing out. I remember when I was in high school a friend made me zucchini bread for my birthday. At the time I thought it was one of those homemade bread recipes that was going to be very bland. Boy was I wrong! It was so good and I was hooked.
Healthy Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Ok right, I know what you are going to say. Anything that looks this decadent cannot be healthy, right? Well, I think maybe you are half right. It IS a sweet bread, after all! But it's all natural without any refined sugar. My kids gobbled this up in one day! I will gladly make this for them again!
Homemade Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 2/3 cups white wheat flour
- 2 cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini, gently pressed
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F; lightly grease an 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, honey, oil and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the salt, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa, and flour, mixing until well combined.
- Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the bread for 65 to 75 minutes, until the loaf tests done (a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center will come out clean, save for perhaps a light smear of chocolate from the melted chips).
- Remove the bread from the oven, and let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes before turning it out of the pan onto a rack.
- Cool completely before slicing; store well-wrapped, at room temperature.
Check out my other homemade bread recipes:
Homemade Bread Recipe with Oatmeal and Honey
Pumpkin Applesauce Spice Bread
The Best All-Natural Banana Bread Recipe
Linking up to Crafty and Delicious and Friday Flash Blog and Hit Me With Your Best Shot and Crafty and Delicious Party
This looks delicious! My MIL was just telling me to find a good zucchini bread recipe, spread it into a 13x9 pan rather than a loaf pan, and bake it into "bars." I wonder if this recipe wpould work for that?