It’s that season where all we want is gingerbread and peppermint! Of course, not together! I love both flavors so much – they are really delicious winter and holiday flavors. These Honey Gingerbread Cookie Sandwiches are so perfect for a late-afternoon snack, a cookie party or for school! Delicious healthy recipes for the holidays are possible!
Honey Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
Did you know ginger is so very healthy? Of course, the butter in this recipe isn’t so healthy but you can substitute coconut oil if you wish.
Health Benefits of Ginger
Read on for all of the amazing health benefits of even a smidge of ginger…
- Supports the proper brain function
- Acts as Anti-inflammatory
- Boosts Energy
- Aids in Digestion
- Relieves Nausea
- Boosting the energy level
Healthy Honey Gingerbread Cookie Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 Cups honey
- 3/4 Cup softened butter or coconut oil
- 1 Egg
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp ginger
- Combine 1 cup honey and the butter in a large bowl and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Mix well until fully combined and batter thickens.
- Cover dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to an hour.
- Dust work surface with flour.
- Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut into round shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove cookies from sheet and let cool down to room temperature.
- Add remaining honey to the bottoms of the cookies and join them together like a sandwich.
- Serve and enjoy.