Do you know how to get rid of wasp nest? It is advisable to learn how to do it properly so you don’t end up with multiple painful wasp stings! Find out more about Natural Wasp Repellent Tips to keep the bugs under control around your home.
You need to exercise extreme caution when attempting to remove a wasp (yellow jacket, hornet) nest. Wasps are aggressive and will sting REPEATEDLY.
Get Rid of the Nasty Pests Naturally!
Step-by-step directions to make your own bug repellent
AND a soothing itch relief balm PLUS BONUSES
I’ve discussed in another post how wasps are actually beneficial because they eat the pests that can destroy crops. However, they are dangerous because they can sting over and over again and each time they inject venom into the victim.
Hundreds of people in the United States die each year from allergic reactions to the venom of wasps.
Where do wasps build their nests?
Most of us like to enjoy being outside in the warm weather and we don’t want to have to worry about us, our family or our pets getting stung by these insects. Here are some areas you might discover a wasp nest:
- Soffits and eaves of the roof
- In and around hot attics
- Tree branches
- Porch ceilings
- The insides of unused grills or hose reels
- Behind shutters
If you simply try to knock down or even apply spray to the nest in the middle of the day, the wasps will think you’re attacking them and they will attack.
Tips to Get Rid of Wasp Nest
- Treat the nest at dusk or dawn when the insects are less likely to be active
- Use a soft-colored light and not a bright flashlight in the dark
- Wear gloves and long sleeves to avoid being stung.
- If you use a chemical spray, make sure you stand away from the nest and not directly underneath
- If you don’t want to use a chemical spray, you can make a simple solution of dish soap and water (2oz soap to 32oz water), which coats their wings and prevents them from flying and eventually drowns them
- If the nest is up high, use a spray bottle that attaches to the hose for the soap solution and aim it at the nest for 15 seconds
- If the nest is reachable, quickly pour the solution into the opening and then RUN!
- This method may need to be repeated several times
- Alternately, you can use a garbage bag and slowly cover the wasp nest, then detach from structure and quickly seal the bag.