Back pain is one of the most common medical problems in the U.S. It can range from a dull, constant ache to a sudden, sharp pain that makes it hard to move. If you have a back ache or pain, here are some Indian Home Remedies for Back Ache to give you some relief. Indian home remedies are often the most effective way to relieve pain without side effects.
Indian Home Remedies for Backache
Low back pain is caused by injury to a muscle or ligament. Common causes include improper lifting, poor posture, lack of regular exercise, fracture, ruptured disk, or arthritis. Most back pain goes away on its own in two to four weeks. Physical therapy and pain relievers can help but home remedies for back ache offer relief without side effects.
Symptoms of back ache
Here are some symptoms to you might have:
- Constant, irritable pain in back.
- Pain during bending or sitting down.
- Pain or jerk while walking.
- Feeling like muscles are contracted / tightened.
- Having problem in standing for long time.
Home Remedies for Back Ache
These Indian Home Remedies for Back Ache use Ayurveda, the ancient Indian form of holistic healing.
- Put a pillow under the knees while sleeping.
- Use hot water bag for massage.
- Heat Brassica oil and add chopped Garlic. Let simmer then filter the oil and use it for massage.
- Take a tablet of Mahayograj Guggul, a rejuvenating ayurvedic medicine – Buy it from Amazon here
- Research shows that practices such as meditation, deep breathing, tai chi, and yoga, which help put the mind at rest, can do wonders for the back.
- Turmeric and ginger help reduce inflammatory pain
- Valerian, kava kava, chamomile, skullcap, passionflower, hops, and jatamansi (the “Indian valerian”) help combat tension-related pain.
- Mix camphor in coconut oil and heat for 5 minutes. Cool it and store it in a container like this. Massage it twice in a week before going to sleep to get rid of backache.
- Add few drops of eucalyptus oil to 1 cup of epsom salts and add to bath. Make sure to mix the oil into the salt as the salt acts as a carrier to get the oil into the bath water. Otherwise the oil will just sit on top of the bath water.