It seems everyone is suffering from pollen allergies lately. If you are sick of using medication – Indian Home Remedies for Pollen Allergies can relieve your discomfort without the allergy pills. Indian Home Remedies help with so many ailments.
What is Allergy according to Ayurveda?
According to Ayurveda, generally our health is based on the equilibrium of Tridosha, Saptdhatu, and Trimala if any disturbance occurs to these 3 factors then we suffer from diseases. So what happens in allergy is due to our unhealthy lifestyle or irregular food habits or due to seasonal effects dosha gets accumulated and ready explode.
Pollen allergy is also called seasonal allergy why because it occurs during the spring season and in this season naturally Kapha is predominant and what pollens do is trigger the Kapha dosha in our body so it shows the symptoms like
- Nasal mucosa inflammation
- Runny and itchy nose
- Itchy eyes
- Sinusitis, etc.
Treatment according to Ayurveda
- The first line of treatment for any disease is Nidan Parivarjan according to Ayurveda. That is to inhibit the exposure of causative factors. We can classify it into 2 types:
• Food habits: Avoiding foods which are heavy in nature, sweet in taste like ice creams, chocolates, desserts, etc.
• Routine: avoiding day sleep, doing exercise, yoga, etc.
- Then treatment is divided into two portions:
•Shodhan (Deep cleansing of the body to eliminate exceeded dosha)
• Shaman (alleviating the dosha with help of single herbs and formulations)
Indian Home Remedies for Pollen Allergies
This includes some small procedures and Ayurvedic formulation which will help you to get relief according to the following:
- Saltwater Neti – cleansing of your nostrils
– Neti Pot
– Hot water
Using hot water, you have to add a pinch of salt and pour water into Neti pot than gently introduce it in your nose and clean the nose. You will get instant relief from a blocked nose. What salt here do is salt has the property of lekhana (scraping) it will clean your nose.
- Nasya (nasal instillation of medicated oil) – This procedure is very renowned in Ayurveda. We can use mustard oil here for installation. Every morning after brushing your teeth instill 5-6 drops of mustard oil n each nostril.it will reduce the inflammation of nasal mucosa.
- Haridra khanda – a well known ayurvedic preparation which is widely used to cure allergies. The main ingredient in this formulation is turmeric which is a natural source of curcumin and scientifically proven to be anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant.
This preparation also includes herb black pepper, long pepper, ginger which will regulate your immune system and enhance it.
In one glass of hot water add 1tea spoon of Haridra khanda and take it 2-3 times in a day with an empty stomach or at least half an hour before food. Continue it for 3-4 months you will see improvement.
- Amala Churna – made of amala (Indian Gooseberry), this is the richest source of vitamin C which will enhance your immunity and it also has a good anti-inflammatory effect.
- Ginger and honey green tea are also one of the home remedies which is also available in the market. Its efficacy is undoubtedly remarkable in eliminating toxins from the body and enhancing immunity. Prefer to make it by yourself rather than using the market.
- Take precautions like avoiding to go out from home or your workplace until it is necessary. And if you are a true fan of Ayurveda than take seasonal purification from ayurvedic centers in your city it will excrete the toxin and free radical from your body which will help you keep your body healthy, practice yoga and pranayama.
It is your body and it is your responsibility to take care of it, how you treat your body in the same way your body treats you so make sure you take a good self-care. Try these Indian Home Remedies for Pollen Allergies and hopefully you will feel relief.