During the summer months, it’s so refreshing to have a delicious healthy mocktail recipe by your side as you relax in your yard or on your deck. Try this amazing Lemon Herb Spritzer Mocktail the next time you are thinking about getting outside with a good book or hanging out with friends in the summer heat.
Lemon Herb Spritzer Mocktail
This refreshing spritzer is full of fantastic flavors, including lemon, fresh herbs, and ginger. It’s bright fruity flavor pairs perfectly with the warm earthiness of the culinary herbs and freshly grated ginger for a truly interesting combination. One taste and this is sure to become a new warm weather favorite!
One of my favorite things to do when the weather is warm is sit outside with my book and a good drink. I prefer mocktail recipes to alcohol, but you can certainly add it to any of these drinks to give it a kick especially if you are preparing them for a party.
Most often the ingredients used in these mocktails are those we have at home. The best kind are summertime fruits laying around the kitchen and herbs that we have growing right outside!
- 2 tablespoon honey, preferably local
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, washed and torn into pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, washed and torn into pieces
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest, preferably organic
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sparkling water
- Add honey and water to a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until honey dissolves.
- Remove from heat and cool for 5-10 minutes before pouring into a pitcher. Add fresh lemon juice, fresh herbs, ginger, and lemon slices.
- Add vodka, if using, and stir gently to combine and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Immediately before serving, pour sparkling water into pitcher and stir to combine. Pour into glasses filled with ice and serve immediately.
Optional Adults-Only Version:
Add 4 oz. vodka