If you’ve had any type of muscle tension, I’m sure you’ve tried different pain relievers and natural remedies. Here are some natural muscle relaxers to help relieve those aches and pains.
Natural Muscle Relaxers
If you’re someone who has ever struggled with back pain, then you’ve probably used some form of muscle relaxer. Muscle relaxers are used to help reduce the amount of spasmodic activity that takes place in the muscles. Many of the pills taken by people can have a host of side effects, including drowsiness, fatigue, depression, and even can even be highly addictive for some people.
If those kinds of effects seem unpleasant, then you will be excited to know that there are natural alternatives to these medications. Here are a few natural muscle relaxers to try!
This wonderful little flower known as chamomile is a popular main ingredient of teas. These teas are usually sold as a way to help relax people, and help them get sleep. This effect is due to the flavonoids that carry powerful antioxidant properties. These properties can help reduce inflammation, and make it easier for your body to heal itself after some pains and discomfort. It can easily be found in a variety of natural food stores and tea houses.
This mineral is essential for the transmission of messages between your brain, nerves and muscles. People who are low in magnesium could possibly experience a small amount of muscle pain, and so it might be really a great idea to grab a handful of your favorite nuts to munch on before you start your daily exercise.
3. Cherry Juice
Cherries are a great source of vitamins, and theyíre great for jazzing up drinks. Cherries are great for reducing both muscle and joint pain. This is especially great for people who run or do other continuous physical activity. Grabbing a glass of cherry juice can help your muscles to relax, and reduce inflammation caused by the tiny tears in muscle tissue.
There’s no doubt that blueberries are one of nature’s greatest gifts. These small super sweet berries can add a ton of flavor to your frozen drinks, and make a great treat when you’re on the go. The main reason why the appear on this list though, is that they are another extremely strong antioxidant. Blueberries are full of vitamins that both deliver important phytonutrients, and help you to process or breakdown other essential nutrients. If you drink a blueberry based drink before a workout, you can reduce the amount of time that it takes to recover from the strenuous activity.
5. Essential Oils
Essential oils are great natural muscle relaxers! They can soothe and relax muscles and joints with cooling then warming sensations.
- Peppermint contains menthol, which has a cooling effect on sore, achy muscles. It also has analgesic, antispasmodic, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Eucalyptus has a cooling effect on muscles and reduces pain and inflammation.
- Chamomile oils can alleviate pain and inflammation. They also help soothe muscle tension and reduce spasms.
- Ginger has a warming effect on sore muscles, which helps relieve pain.
- Black pepper alleviates pain by warming up your body.
- Clove is often used to treat pain. It also has a warming effect on sore muscles.
- Banish tension
- Relax muscles
- Help relieve joint discomfort
- Offer recovery after a strenuous workout
- Address pains association with arthritis, tennis elbow, or shin splints
- Alleviate lower back pain, as well as neck and shoulder pain
- Soothe aching feet, ankles, and heels
- Address effects of restless legs
CBD, a non-euphoriant, anti-inflammatory analgesic has been successfully studied as a natural pain reliever.
According to Healthline, researchers think that CBD interacts with receptors in your brain and immune system. Receptors are tiny proteins attached to your cells that receive chemical signals from different stimuli and help your cells respond. This creates anti-inflammatory and painkilling effects that help with pain management. This means that CBD oil may benefit people with chronic pain, such as chronic back pain.
Other posts like natural muscle relaxers
Home Remedies for Arthritis