Here’s a light and refreshing orange pineapple popsicle recipe you can make this summer for your kids that won’t load them up with sugar! This is one of those healthy recipes your family will never believe has no added sugar!
Refreshing Orange Pineapple Popsicle Recipe
Do your kids like popsicles during the summer? Who am I kidding – what kid doesn’t like fruity icy popsicles? I always buy my kids the popsicles that are made with juice but that’s still a lot of sugar, so that’s why I love this orange pineapple popsicle recipe.
Health Benefits of pineapple and oranges
Pineapples are a good source of antioxidants, which may reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes and certain cancers.
Pineapple contains compounds that reduces inflammation which is linked to cancer. One of these compounds is the enzyme bromelain, which may stimulate cell death in certain cancer cells and aid white blood cell function.
Oranges may benefit your heart and can help prevent kidney stones. While not rich in iron, they may also protect against anemia by increasing your iron absorption.
I love that these fruits are readily available fresh all year long! I like to use a blender to make these pops nice and smooth – I’m not one for chunks of fruit in my treats. But you can make them as chunky as you’d like.
Personally, I like using my ninja blender to make the fruit smooth. If there are any chunks leftover, you can either skim them out of the mixture or add them to the popsicle mold. My kids LOVE the fruit chunks!
- Ninja Professional Blender with Nutri Ninja Cups has 1100 watts of professional performance power with 3 speeds, pulse, and single-serve functions.
- 72 oz. Total Crushing Pitcher pulverizes ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks and smoothies
- Two 16 oz. Nutri Ninja Cups with To-Go Lids are perfect for creating personalized, nutrient-rich drinks to take on the go.
- Dishwasher-safe and BPA-free parts. Single Serve Blade Assembly
- Includes one 1100-watt base, 72 oz. Total Crushing Pitcher, and two 16 oz. Nutri Ninja Cups with To-Go Lids.
Popsicle mold hack
Did your junk drawer eat the popsicle sticks that came with the mold? No problem! After you fill the molds, just get a sheet of waxed paper and fold it over 3 times and place over the top of the molds. Tape around the edges to keep it down. Use a knife with a small pointed tip and pierce through the middle of the wax over each popsicle mold. Insert wooden sticks and you are ready to go!
More refreshing recipes like pineapple orange popsicles
Orange Pineapple Popsicle Recipe
1 Whole Pineapple
3 Navel Oranges
- Cut and core a pineapple
- Chop about ¼ cup of small “tidbits” and set aside
- Chop the rest of the pineapple into chunks and add to a blender
- Peel the skin from the oranges and add to the blender
- Blend until smooth
- Add pineapple tidbits to the bottom of each mold
- Slowly pour molds until filled
- Add sticks on top
If you want to use wooden sticks, check out the hack below! If you want to use wooden sticks, check out the hack below! As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe makes enough to fill TWO of these Tovolo Popsicle Molds.
Refreshing Blueberry Lemonade Cooler Recipe
If you want to use wooden sticks, check out the hack below!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.